Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Emulation.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just wondered how many of you guys use emulators, and what system you are trying to emulate. Personally I love emulators, because I can have all of my old nintendo games (and some I don't own.Wink ) on my computer with absoulutely no "blowing" into the cartidge. Life is grand.Big Grin
just got the X-box modded into (what it was to start with) a computer. It has alot of emulators... my Fav being teh Mameox that plas a good portion of the arcade games out there. The reason it doesn't play the others is due to the lack of RAM that comes with the X-box
Currently, I use Nintendo, Super Nintendo, N64, Neo Geo, Sega genesis, Sega CD, GBA and Game Boy roms. Quite a few are games I owned for the respective system.
Currently i have Mame32 for PC which i have all the games available.. If you want any just PM.. i have emu's for NES, SNES, N64, PSX, Sega, GBA etc.. but i don't play them much anymore.. only things i have complete packs for is Nes, Snes, Mame..
Quote:Originally posted by morgorath
. The reason it doesn't play the others is due to the lack of RAM that comes with the X-box

I beleive there is a place on line that has an X-box with 3 times as much RAM and a bigger HD and it comes with preinstalled emulators. That would be great to play World Heroes Perfect once again with a controller ahhhh memories. As far as emulators I have MAME 32 on PC Dream NES and a Genesis emulator on my Dreamcast, and a super nes, Gameboy advance and T-G16 on my computer.
Quote:Originally posted by evilomar
I beleive there is a place on line that has an X-box with 3 times as much RAM and a bigger HD and it comes with preinstalled emulators. That would be great to play World Heroes Perfect once again with a controller ahhhh memories. As far as emulators I have MAME 32 on PC Dream NES and a Genesis emulator on my Dreamcast, and a super nes, Gameboy advance and T-G16 on my computer.

Well they are offering kits to upgrade to 128 megs of ram on the net right now.. And installing harddrives is easy.. i have a 120 gig in mine.. Thats common for people.. One guy i saw had 250 gigs and it was full of games.. that is just too ridiculas.. but right now i am trying to download all the GBA roms.. theres like 1000 of them..
I mainly use emulators on GP32 system. If you don't know what it is, it is a portable game system that many people create emulators for. You stick them and the roms right on a smart media card and plug and play. I use the NES, SNES, and Turbo Grafx more than any others. If you want to find out more about it go to http://www.gp32emu.com/. System costs $150 for the system or about $210 if you want the FLU unit, best investment I've ever madeSmile .
OK... that GP32 system has moved up to number three of things that I want but can't afford right now. It's seriously cool.

I love the home grown games that are available for it.
Seems that there is a lot of anime cross over stuff available for the system as well.

Maybe it's a good thing I can't afford it right now.
I have nintendo & genesis emulators for my Dreamcast. I have Kawa-X for Xbox thats let me play Capcom & Neo-Geo arcade games. Fantastic!!!
I dont play much snes or nes anymore, now i use MAME to play KOF games, hehe
Hey vicnuts where did you get your X-box chipped or did you buy it like that? and don't they have a mame emulator for the X-box?
Got my xbox chipped here in Chinatown in NYC. $80.00 for X-ecuter pro chip & "labor". Theres a Mame emulator, but my homeboy uses Kawa-X and it's exactly what i wanted -Capcom & Snk. Can always add more emulators and applications in the future.
The neo geo emulator for the PC is the best simply for nostalgia value. I remember the days in 1991-92 when i would salivate and daydream about owning an neo geo. The system was more than $500 and the games were about $200 each! Now i can play em on my PC for free! Mwa ha ha!

The GBA, Snes, and N64 emulators are great as well. I also have Mame, Callus, Pc Engine, Nes, and Genesis.
I love playing all those Neo Geo games as well.
Did you know that you can emulate Neo Geo stuff within MAME so you don't have to keep opening different emulators to play the games?

Lately, I've been playing a bizzare game called Camel Try in MAME. I just wish I could save the high scores from each time I fire up the game.
where can i get emulators for my dreamcast? how do i use them?
Pages: 1 2