Import Anime Forums

Full Version: No dub vs Sub threads.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From now on i will lock or delete any new dub vs subs thread.. We all have our opinions and we all tend to get a little fired up with defending our own opinion which generally makes it anti productive.

We all know both sides of the Arguement but neither side is right or wrong because its all Opinions and noones opinion can be wrong.. So basically watch what you perfer and don't flame others for liking to watch anime differently then yourself.

and if this thread turns into an Arguement thread you will be banned..
Thank you. I fully agree with you. I'm actually glad that other thread finally got locked. It was never a question 'if' it was going to turn bad, more of 'when'.

And in that other thread, I don't really care about post counts either. I don't like it in general when people threaten to flame others, but especially when you've only been there for like a week and don't even know the people. Guess I just worded it wrong.
i agree with both you guys, although i was very involved in the last sub vs dub thread. its all opinion and even though i have a preference i watch my anime both dubbed and subbed. i would like to apologise to anyone that i offended in the last thread, i accept that everyone has their own opinions and preferences.
Yeah best to let the war end and let everyone's wounds heal.
Time to stop the insanity.
Yeah even though I enjoy people going at each other throats, it was really time to end this silly thread.
I have always been one for good conversation... sharing points of views learning about other peoples likes and dilikes, but when it comes to the dreaded Dub vs Sub stuff it always boils down to as my good friend the Human Torch always says, "Flame On"
This was like beating a dead cow with a steak.

I mean come ONNNNN - we all know dubs are always good...

Big Grin case closed :p
So what caused this to happen??? Who started another Sub v Dub Thread??? Why did my pc have to suck out??? What have I missed???? AAAAAARRRRGGHHH!!!!!!!
If you wish to read the thread its locked here..
http://www.import-anime.com/forums/showt...eadid=2058
For the record... I was enjoying myself in that discussion and I'm pretty sure that I avoided flaming people.
Hey thanx a LOT Schultz!!! I am reading it now. Much appreciated bro!
Whew, just read the posts, damn, there's some heat in there.

Ok, something on a different note, are there HK dvds out there with cantonese dub? Afterall, it is their native language. I watched initial D entirely in cantonese and quite enjoyed it but everything I've seen available online (correct me if I'm wrong) seems to be available either in japanese or english (save for the HK dvd of spirited away, which contained a chinese dub that wasn't available in the original).

The reason why I ask is, sometimes watching it in a different format or dub in this case bring about a different feel to the movie/series. Plus, if one lot of voice actors are bad in one language, you have the choice of another =)

(Useless fact: Did you know Griffiths english VA from Berserk also played the French Gundam fighter in G Gundam?)