Import Anime Forums

Full Version: POLL: Kenshin, SUB vs. DUB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

I've just got MAC Kenshin perfect set, and my question is, should I watch it DUB or SUB?

Since this is a long series, I don't think I have time to watch both. Also, I'm not the fastest reader there is (I can read at decent speed, but I'm one of those ppl who really want to catch every single action/image).

I don't know anything about the quality(voice actors) of Eng. dub (I believe MAC used R1 rip), or the quality of fan sub.

Anyone have any recommendation?

All comments are appreciated. Thank you in advance!!! Big Grin
Ohh man you had to do it didn't you, here we go again Dub vs. sub. You don't even know what you have started. I personally prefer the sub, because thats the way I watched them 6 years ago as fansubs. In the Japanese version Kenshin's voice is done by a woman, like most of the DBZs characters. In the English version his voice is done by the guy that did Legato's voice in Trigun, who in my humble opinion sounds like a creep or a child molester. Don't get me wrong the English doesn't sound bad at all, but Kenshin just isn't Kenshin without the Oros, but that's just my opinion.
Personally, I found Kenshin's Japanese voice very grating. It also sound like he/she had an eternally uncleared throat.
Yeah...you have NO CLUE what you just started.

Watch a little bit of both. Watch episode 1 subbed, watch episode 2 dubbed. See which you like better and go with that.
Personally, I like the dub for the TV series a lot. Maybe because that's the first version I saw and that's just the one I'm used to. Plus, when I started watching the series on DVD, I was going through like 10-12 episodes a night. Watching all of them subbed probably would have caused my poor little eyes to explode in their sockets. Anyway, I'd say it's an above average dub.

The dub for the OVAs is a different story, though. I loathe it in every possible way.
personally i cant stand the eng dub because i am so used to the japanese after watching the first 62 episodes before even hearing the english. if things were different i may have prefered the english.
We had that large dub vs sub thread so i don't wanna start something again.. Each will have there own opinions.. why don't you watch some episodes of each version and figure out yourself what you perfer.. I know what i perfer but thats me.