Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Owners of the older Nadesico sets: question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a question about the older Nadesico sets. The one's that aren't R1 rips (I'm assuming one original version was done then veryone just ripped it). I read the reviews, and I'm alittle confused about one thing in them. It says most of the opening and endings are cut. Does that just mean it's the typical one opening at the beginning of each disc (episode one shouldn't ahve one so it would be missing from that one) and one ending at the end? Also, does it have the next episode previews and if so for which episodes? I wanted to see what Nadesico looks like before ADV overlayed the Hell out of it, but from the reviews these sets got looks like I might not -_-; Thanks!
Come on! I'm sure someone out there has seen one of those sets! Please answer my questions ^_^
COME ON!!! Someone who reviewed the old set has to be around still!! FairUse, animefande, Rainy, newtype D, SOMEONE!!! PLEASE!!!!!!
dude im sure that its a waste of money, how much can adv have changed it? they almost didnt touch evangelion (or at least i didnt notice)
I own the ADV version. All six R1 discs. I'd like to see what the show looks like without overlays as they looked ugly and out of place. I really don't like overlays, so I'd like to see Nadesico with out them. Anyways, some copies are up on Ebay so I'll just go for those. I guess the older dudes are gone Sad Perhaps that guy named PleaseKillMe finally got his wish Tongue
I liked the overlays, because I don't understand Japanese, and the ugly Evangelion hardsubs (the ones disc 1 or 2) are disgusting and cluttering.
I am still alive! Big Grin I don't have as much time right now for the boards and reviewing, I am finishing up my last year of education. The old Nadesico set I have is very crappy, very bad subs. It is NOT a good thing to get even if you want to see the series without the overlays. When they cut the opening, they cut not just the song, but the opening recaps. I also believe that they cut the previews of the next episodes out of the set I have. My recommendation is to stay far away from early sets unless you are getting them dirt, and I do mean DIRT, cheap!