Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Split from Top 5 oldest members who have never posted!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Originally posted by kakomu
Too Funny.

Well thats how i feel about reserve and guard people.. Because they only do a weekend a month 2 weeks a year .. And they probably complain about that.. And now since this stuff in IRAQ i read how people are wanting to quit the reserves because they are actually being used for something.. Well i hate to tell them but we have to live with these deployments from the start of our career.. Hell with me when i finally hit my 1 year mark the place that i had actually been at the longest out of any place was Saudi Arabia.. for 4 months.. but enough of my bitching.. gomen..

Yup this is pretty useless info.. ;o)
Quote:Originally posted by Schultz
Well thats how i feel about reserve and guard people.. Because they only do a weekend a month 2 weeks a year .. And they probably complain about that..

I now look upon you so much lower. *Shakes head* My closest friend and idol is in the National Guard...I expected so much more from you.
Quote:Originally posted by Suzakuseikun
I now look upon you so much lower. *Shakes head* My closest friend and idol is in the National Guard...I expected so much more from you.

Well yea i guess i overstepped my bounds a little and should of refrained from what i said.. because Also there is a person on this forum Nyxcalm is also in the Reserves and just got back from a 6month deployment.. But it just annoyed me when i saw people on the news wanting to get our of the reserves just because of the deployments which we are used to all the time not just every now and then when they need a reserve and guard.. And the other issue i have is more with how the guards/reserves work. I do know that Guard is state ran while reserves is federal gov. but they can gain rank really fast when ever there is a slot opening up with that position.. ;o(
As active duty personnel in the Air Force, we have had nothing but bad experiences with Guard and Reserve guys that don't know how to do the job they were taught to do. You end up with a 19 year old, E-3 having to double check a 35 year old, E-7's work. We feel unappriciated when we come across the guys that bitch about two weeks of work during peacetime operations. However, there are those few exceptional people out there that really shine when it's time to fight.

Regardless, ONE TEAM, ONE FIGHT!
Well I am on the one team one fight band wagon, but let me make this very clear... The Guard and Reserve wil put into place for one reason. No one wanted to be drafted. Everyone hated the draft so now we just ask those to do the two weeks once a month thing until something like Iraq comes up. The Guard and Reserve people get some many perks that I really hate when (like schultz) I turn on the TV and see some Guard and Reserve wife (or husban) bitching that they don't have money, or he is away from his real job and home. Yea guess what I don't care and I don't give a crap that he went from his 100,000 year job to a 36,000 year job. He got all the benfits for 12 years (look them up I won't go into what they are) now it's payback time so people like us active duty don't have to do 6 months then come home for 4 just to go back for another 6.

The people hated the draft because they had no choice when your number was called you went so we went to this were people come of there own free will and still want to bitch and complain sorry you will get no pity from me...
This is not split from the original thread.. it went way off topic which probably shouldn't of happened.. but it did.. and Suz if you don't have anything else to say just PM and i will lock it.. I don't think it needs to go further..