Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Where in Chicago???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I'm off to Chicago in a week and I was wondering if there was any cool anime shops that are worth checking out?? Any place to get good HK stuff too?? Looking for wall scrolls, dvd's, shirts....

Thanks!!!!
Spend your time in Chicago doing something other than anime... Field Museum, Michigan Avenue etc...

BTW, how old are you? I get back from school This weekend Big Grin
Well I will be doing other things like taking in a Bear's game but I was hoping to pick up a few Christmas presents for my kid. We both like anime alot and coming from a hick town in the middle of Canada, there is not much to choose from. I'm 35, by the way.
hmm, 20 to 35...quite an age difference...naw, doesn't sound right. Sry to bring it up. I thought the bears were still down here in Champaign?
well, it is a business trip but I will have alot of free time to do things and get around. My kid's 12 and like I said, not much in my area for this kind of thing so any recommendations is appreciated.

Thanks kindly!!!
Man i'm going up to Chicago this weekend to visit some friends. I'm not quite sure of any anime stores, I went to school up there for a while, but I was mainly into finding women then.
As I heard, Chicago's Chinatown has alot of places that sell HK DVDs, but many of these stores sell their DVDs at higher prices than eBay or the online stores (such as this one).
Last time I was in Chinatown, there were very few places selling them, you're probably thinking of New York's Chinatown.
So Kakomu, do you have any places that sell good anime merchandise that you could recommend to me??? My trip got postponed to Nov1st but it looks like the Bears are playing that Sunday even though it is against the Chargers Smile

Thanks!!!
my local comic shop is called forbidden-planet, cool!
this is great...thanks very much!!!!!
hmm, none of those places are anywhere near me... I'd probably have to drive 40 minutes or so through bad traffic to get near them (let alone RENT something). Bah!