Import Anime Forums

Full Version: best manga
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
what do u think is the best manga you have read??
Man I think this will have to be top three not just one for me:

Battle Angel Alita
Oh My Goddess!!
Nausicca of the Valley of Wind
Akira - Don't bash this because of the movie. This is PHENOMENAL!!!
Blade of the Immortal
i am readin naruto now
Damn Darkie you had to bring up Blade, I almost forgot about that immaculate series. If only they would make an anime based on it.
Manga? Or Manwha? There's a slight difference. If we're going by purely Japanese manga, then it would be Fushigi Yuugi or X. Manwha would be Ragnarok.

Manga - Japanese
Manwha - Korean

Wink
MMM.... I would have to say these titles:

One Piece
Dragonball
Ranma
Inu Yasha
Seraphic Feather
Blade of the Immortal
Gunsmith Cats
Ah Megamisama

Those are the titles that come to mind. I know that there are 12 billion others that I didn't list.
well i think i will get Fushigi Yuugi next i here it is pritty good
Right now I'm digging Priest, it reminds me much of Preacher(a Vertigo comic). as far as manwha.
Ok, I'll pick three titles:

1. 20th Century Boys

My personal favorite. It's brilliant. Reminds me of some early Stephen King novels. Hard to categorize. Too bad that I'll have to wait another month until vol. 9 comes out

2. Shamo

Definetely the best martial arts manga, I've read so far. Normally I don't like this genre, but Shamo is so cool and brutal. With a hero that has killed his parents at the age of 15, this is definetely not kids stuff

3. Berserk

Have only read the first 5 volumes so far, but this is really great.

Runner-ups:
Video Girl Ai
Monster
Naru Taru (can't wait for the anime, maybe our HK friends will bring the first DVD soon)
Eden
Planet(e)s (anime has started this month in Japan)

Uh, and I just have to give one shojo title: Mars is really good.
Well I guess either:

Hunter X Hunter
Hagane
Bremen
or
Black Cat would be my favorite.

HunterXHunter was the first I ever read that got me interested in Manga. Hagane is cool in a sci-fi way, plus in almost every chapter there's fighting, & nudity! While with Bremen, it's just cool as hell.

Others I like would have to be:
666 Satan
Zombie Powder (would have been one of my most favs, but they ended it at vol. 4)
Bleach
Blood Hound
Full Metal Alchemist (it rocks!)
Leviethan (another cool one)
Lilim Kiss (A love story with a weird demon, always fun to read)
Saiyuki (is cool)
ShensenGumi Imon Peace Maker (I just started reading it, & it isn't too bad.)

That's all for my favs.
not sure about best but i really enjoyed 3x3 eyes and GTO.

the star wars manga is also pretty cool but the almost exactly the same as the movie
I think out of what I've read so far I would have to say that my top 2 are battel angel and Inuyasha. I also thought that Kare Kano was really good.
Parasyte
Battle Royale
Nausicaa
Akira
GTO
Kindaichi
Ranma
Dragonball

All superb. Smile

I eagerly await Berserk now.
quiet country cafe.
Pages: 1 2