Import Anime Forums

Full Version: New FX eva set, video quality
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just got the new "remastered?" eva set today, and I'm wondering if anyone else that has it can tell me if they notice whether or not every time the scene changes the video shakes around. I tried popping it in today as soon as I got it but couldn't watch more than part of the first episode because my eyes were about to pop out. I'm I insane, or is this the way the R1s are?

BTW, thanks for the great service and selection here. This has turned into my fav place to shop.
The original Japanese print shown on Japanese tv had that problem. That "jiggle" problem is on every R1 dvd volume.

Curious thing is the new re-released "remastered" R3 DVDs in Japan should have that problem corrected.

I don't own the set you have so sorry if my answer seems incomplete.

Kung-fou
if it was remastered they probably fixed the Japanese Audio Synchronization Problem , in the last 3 episodes of DVD 2.
Can you confirm it ?

That shaking that occurs is Gainax fault...it happens in all sets ... but from what i Read they fixed it in the Renewal of Evangelion.
I checked them, and the audio seems perfectly in synch. Looks like that problem was fixed. Other than the source video which I guess can't really be helped for now, the set is typical top quality from fx, the new case is really nice.
The shaking is fixed on MI's new Renewal of Evangelion rip. I've added a review of this set if ne1's interested ^_^
Quote:Originally posted by dtech
I checked them, and the audio seems perfectly in synch. Looks like that problem was fixed. Other than the source video which I guess can't really be helped for now, the set is typical top quality from fx, the new case is really nice.

What set are you talking about ? does it include the Movies also (is it 4 DVDs ) ?

There were 2 version of FX EVA...one with 3 DVDs without the Movies and one with 4 that included both Movies in a fourth DVD

Can you provide a link ? or how the set looks like ?
http://import-anime.com/index.php?page=v...em_id=2646

It's the 3 disc one that was in stock here within the last few weeks, it's new I guess ? No movies.
Does anyone know what changes in the (Remastered) FX Evangelion TV and Movie boxset? I hope the sync problem is fixed?

Let me know
Most likely, whatever issue was big enough for a complaint was fixed.

I was watching the R1's, and video does do that shake thing. If you want good video, get the 5 DVD MI set. The subtitles are lower, but the video quality of the Renewal DVDs is beyond imagination. Compare it to the R1's, and you'll wish so badly that someone would rip the renewals with R1 subs. (I brought it up, but Flora said it wouldn't sell well. Grrr...)

If I had the choice between the MI and the R1 rip, I'd take the MI. They even put it on four DVDs instead of three to make it higher quality.
hi, im new here. i would like to know:
In the MI renewal of evangelion, is there a logo apearing from time to time while looking at the episodes??

thanks(sorry for my bad english)

here's the link to the package im talking of..
http://www.import-anime.com/index.php?pa...em_id=2694
I got my remastered set a couple of days ago. Well everything is fix for an R1 rip except the shakyness of each changing scene. Well I admit that does bothers me but it happens the same with the R1 so I feel much better when hearing that. THe sync problem in disk 2 last 3 eps. is gone for sure. This is the set with the movie, not the 3 dvd tv serie only, its 4 dvds with the movie.