Import Anime Forums

Full Version: What is your favorite Video Game System and Games for that system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not talking merely the new age systems but, any system ever created.

Anyways my favorite system is the Sega Saturn

Some of my favorite games for it:
Shining Force 3 (all 3 senarios)
Dragon Force
Dragon Force 2
Radiant Silvergun
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Albert's Odyssey
Daytona USA
Dark Savior
Magic Knight Rayearth
Shining Wisdom
Shining The Holy Arc

So let's hear yours.
I don't have one overall favorite system, but some of my most liked systems are Playstation, Famicom, and Gamecube. Favorite games...

PS:
Biohazard Series
Lunar 1 & 2
Silent Hill
Rockman X 4-6
Slamander DX Pack Plus

Sega Saturn:
Gradius DX Pack

FC (Japanese NES) & FDS:
Super Mario Bros. 3 (one of my favorite games of all time)
Super Mario Bros.
Zelda 1 & 2
DokiDoki Panic

GCN:
Zelda
Super Mario Sunshine
Biohazard Remake
" 0

There might be more that I am leaving out, but that's the majority of it...
Well....If I had to choose one and only one system it'd be my trusty old Sega Genesis. It has guided me through life for the longest time. Here's my game list. And this is in my alltime fav order.

#1 The Grand Daddy of all my Sega Genesis games...
PHANTASY STAR 4
I cannot CANNOT live without this game!!!!

#2 Sonic the Hedgehog collection.
This is a difficult decision for 2nd place but Sonic is so Good Godly Awesome that it has to be one of my top 2

#3 Earth Worm Jim
Thank The Lord in Heaven for this game.

#4 Vector Man
Holy CRAP is this game SWEET!!!!!!!!!!

#5 CastleVania Bloodlines
This is The most addictive CastleVania before Symphony Of The Night that I've personally played. It beats CV4 on SNES as far as I've seen.

These are my Top 5 Sega Genesis games and they deserve all the credit I've given them.

I'd also like to add that my Favorite series aside from 16 bit is Armored Core. Thank the Lord for it as well.
If I had to pick one system...it would be Dreamcast.

and the games...

Resident Evil: Code Veronica/Biohazard: Code Veronica/Biohazard: Code Veronica Complete (yeah, I have them all, Complete is a CD-R though)- I cannot even BEGIN to tell you how many times I have played through this game...I even had the ID card number memorized for that puzzle near the beginning...and beat the game without saving to get the rocket launcher on all 3 versions...

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - If there was ever a reason to buy a Dreamcast, then this is the one.

Resident Evil 3 - being chased throughout the game by a tyrant with a rocket launcher that can only mumble "S.T.A.R.S." is classic...

Power Stone 2 - Party Time! *grabs a nearby 1,000 pound hammer* Big Grin

Resident Evil 2 - I don't care what anyone tells you, this is the best console version of RE2. It even beats the $39.99 port on the GC.

SNK vs. Capcom 2 - One of the last DC games that I got...and oh, was it fun!

Project Justice - blows Rival Schools out of the water!

Illbleed - Wacky and scary at the same time...very strange game, but I love it!
NES:
Any Castlevania
Megaman 1-3
SD Splatterhouse
The Legend Of Zelda

Sega Megadrive (Genesis):
Castlevania The Next Generation (Castlevania Bloodlines)
Splatterhouse 2 and 3
Sonic 1 and 2
Dragon's Fury (Devilcrash)...the version with a lot of pentagrams
The Immortal

PSX:
Resident Evil 1 and 2
Devilman
Evil Dead: Hail To The King
Castlevania Chronicles
Well, I guess my favorite console would have to be PS2, with favorite games being:
Fed. vs. Zeon
Kingdom Hearts
Oni Musha2 (sorry, don't know the spelling)
&
and a tie between the DBZ fighting game, which I'm to lazy to spell, or VF4: Evo.
Maximo: Ghost to Glory wasn't to bad either.

But, I could spend probably a stright year playing all day long on my PS2 & not reach the amount of time I've spent playing SNES games:

All the Final Fantasys
Fire Emblem
SD Gundams
& A ton of others.
I guess it has to be the SNES.

Super Mario World
SFII and SFII Turbo
Zelda: A Link to the Past
Pilotwings
Secret of Mana
Contra III
Mystical Ninja (Goemon)
SEGA Saturn:

Shining Force 3, all the episodes
Groove on Fight
KOF 96
Guardian Legend
Saturn Bomberman
Cyberbots
Radiant Silvergun
Grandia
Rockman X 3 and 4
Dracula X
Dragon Force 1 and 2
Rabbit
KO Attack Squadron
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Astal
Runner ups:
Sega CD Turo Graphix 16
Lunar and Eternal Blue Bonk 1 and 2
Popful Mail Splatter House
Dark Wizard Keith Courage in Alpha Zone
Snatcher
Shining Force CD
Ko Flying Squadron
Ok... even though I tend to play my PS2 most of the time these days, I still hold onto my good old SNES (modded to play SFam games) for party times with other folks. There are only four games for that system that have yet to be equalled on any system.

Super Bomberman 2, 3 or, 5 (I don't have 4 but would love to get it) - This is the ulitmate version of the ultimate party game (although I could put up a good argument for the TG16 versions). Five players all onscreen at the same time with simple game play that has so much to keep it going.

Tetris Attack - My wife and I played this nonstop when we were first dating and got to the point where the processor had to slow down to keep up with our moves. Still one of the best puzzle games ever made.

Tetris Battle Gaiden - Why hasn't anyone made a copy of this version of Tetris? Using characters with special abilities was a birlliant idea. Also one of the smoothest versions of tetris ever made.

Uniracers - This racing game stands out from all the others because of the gradual increase in difficulty as you play and the variety of game play it offers. I can't think of another 2d racing game that stands up to this.

My PS2 is a very close second due to all the great music based games such as Amplitude, DDRMax, and Gitaroo Man. It also has the best racing game of all time Gran Turismo and it's the system that first brought us Grand Theft Auto III.
My favorite system would have to be the Atari 2600 and my favorite games ar

Pong
Space invaders
donkey kong
Kaboom
Chooper command
Dig-Dug, River Raid, and Pit-Fall were always my favorite Atari games. Asteroids as well.
Demon Attack and Barnstorming have been my favorite 2600 games since I was little. My father and I used to play Demon Attack for hours, good times.