Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Zoids
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is Zoids a Japanese anime, If so how come there are no imports?
Back in the mid '80s i saw a clip of a zoids anime. If you ever find original zoid kits from the same period, the catalog that cmes with them usually will have a couple of pics. Ofcourse you also have the much more recent series that aired on cartoon network, and follow up which i believe is called "Zoids: Chaotic century".
Vic
[kinda old thread I knowTongue]

Thats wrong. The Zoids models/toys came out in the early 80s. They were also in comics like Spider-Man & were Atari games even. There really wasn't a story to Zoids, it was a pretty silly one really.

Then around like 1997 or 1998 the manga called Zoids: Chaotic Century came out. In 1999 they started the anime. Season 1 is episodes 1-34 & season 2(also called Guardian Force) is eps 35-67. Season 2 takes place like 4 years after season 1.

Its a great show, one of my favorites. A very underrated show.

In 2001 after Chaotic Century Zoids Zero/New Century started. It takes place around 3,000 years later and has nothing to do with the first Zoids.

I kinda hated this show.

Now in late 2003 Zoids Fuzors started airing on Cartoon Network. Again has nothing to do with any of the other Zoids anime. CN showed the first 13 eps so far and havn't shown anymore yet, rumor says they canceled it.

I thought the show was alright and getting pretty good til Cn stopped.

Zoids is Japanese anime, the manga & 1st three season's were released in Japan first but Fuzors was released in the US first(its still anime).

I don't know why there is no bootlegs or even fansubs(although I found 1). Zoids just isn't popular, nobody cares & its a shame since the first two seasons are great.
I knda hate Zoids. I like the way it's animated though.
Which Zoids have you seen?