Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Recommendations wanted...........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm hoping anime fans out there can help me out. I'm looking for series you guys would recommend to someone (myself) who's an old-school Super Robot fan. The majority of anime DVDs I own are shows or OVAs that were released before 1990.
I've recently thoroughly enjoyed newer animes like Vandread, Scryed, Cowboy Bebop, and Read or Die. I'm not looking for new genres to get into, just new titles to give a chance like these just listed. Again, i'm just a little tired of buying only DVDs of programs that aired in 1977 (not that i'm going to stop).
Oh yeah, can someone please tell me what the hell Ecchi means?
Thanks,
Vic
Ecchi: pervert or perverted, usually in referrance to the Hentai genre.Wink

Have you tried RahXephon?
Try Go Nagai's new Getter Robo series. If you like the giant robot thing it should be right up your alley.
I have have the Rahxephon (haven't watched it yet) and I've already seen the Shin Getta Robo series. I guess i am looking for stuff other than mecha shows. Would you guys recommend Mahoromatic & Gate Keepers or should I stay away?
I liked Gate Keepers, and I enjoyed Hand maid May better than Mahoromatic. Have you seen Big O, Gunbuster, Giant Robo, or Dangoioh? Those are pretty cool bot toons. I'm like you, I still enjoy my Tranzor and Makinzer Z series.
Yep, I've got all those robot shows, thats why i need a bit of a change. My house is literally covered in kung-fu and Super Robot/ Shogun warriors stuff. I been collecting for 17 years!!!
Thanks for the info,
Vic

Gotcha, hmm try Now and Then, Here and There, and Bluea Gender I really enjoyed those two series.
hmmmm ! very interesting, all good choices- something out of the usual aayy !! how about Witch HunterRobin--I would have to say other than Cowboy Bebop . witch hunter Ribin has to be one of my favorites-
It is different and at times intense- but very well done and superbly animated- easy to get into the story ( just like Cowboy Bebop )
Big Grin Puzzleguy