Import Anime Forums

Full Version: New KOF and Sammy Vs Capcom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Apparently, there's a new KOF and Sammy Vs Capcom game heading for the Japanese arcades. Nothing about home versions, however.

http://www.gamespot.com/arcade/action/gu...74986.html
I just saw those pics....I think I have to change my pants now.

GG is my FAVORITE FIGHTER EVER and I LOVE SNK as well!!!
Looks good, I hated the first GG because of the one hit cheap ass instant death kills but X and X2 were done better.
I never have been much of a GG fan, but the game will probably be great. I'm more of an SNK man. Big Grin

It's very unfortunate that will never see another Marvel vs. Capcom. >_<
Looks great. Specially since SNK vs Capcom is one on one. SNK vs Sammy ought to be real good. Specially if they get some samurai esque characters (Haohmaru and posse) cant go wrong there.

I found Marvel vs Capcom to be highly overrated. 2 was alright, but Ill glady take Capcom vs SNK 2 over either.

What game are those pics from though? Cause I heard of a new Guilty Gear coming out (In 3D), and also a new Samurai Shodown, and now a new KOF... and SNK vs Sammy.
Wow. Someone out there really loves me. They really love me.Smile
Quote:Originally posted by NVash

What game are those pics from though? Cause I heard of a new Guilty Gear coming out (In 3D), and also a new Samurai Shodown, and now a new KOF... and SNK vs Sammy.

Guilty Gear Isuka (4 player).

The 3D Sammy game is Force Five: http://www.polygonmag.com/news/index.php?id=737
I would much rather have a hand drawn 2-D fighter.
If Guilty Gear goes 3d it had better be as good as Soul Calliber 2 on GC or else EVERYONES GONNA DIE!!!!
Quote:Originally posted by DARK OSAMU
If Guilty Gear goes 3d it had better be as good as Soul Calliber 2 on GC or else EVERYONES GONNA DIE!!!!

I suppose Sammy is testing the (3D) waters with Force Five because if they started with the GG series and fucked it up...(see post above).
quick question: Were any of the Guilty Gear games released in the Arcades and if so, were they emulated yet?
I don't think they were released in arcades, at least in the US they weren't.
Clicking on the Sammy Studios link on the page I originally linked to in my first post suggests that GG X and GG XX were released in arcade form. However, I don't know whether they were available outside of Japan.
I hang around Mame.dk every so often, and I have yet to see that. In fact, I have yet to see the following

Capcom vs SNK, 2
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Guilty Gear, X, XX, X2
Jojos Bizarre Adventure, the second (Only in Jap, I forget its title)

I asked on an old videogame board and they said CvsSNK and Jojo were made on some new chip that they havent quite figured out how to emulate yet, and they may by the time Dreamcast is properly emulated. I cant wait, to be honest.
Straying off Sammy and Capcom for a bit, this snippet might interest those who fancy the chance of playing as Simon Belmont in a fighting game: http://www.polygonmag.com/news/index.php?id=761
Pages: 1 2