Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Favorite Game Soundtrack???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mine is Contra: Shattered Soldier on PS2.
My favorite video game soundtrack would be from any of the Silent Hill games. Some other ones I like are from Zelda, Super Mario Bros. games, and Gradius games.
Riven and Mist
Contra: Shattered Soldier did have some really cool music...but my favorite would be Castlevania (any of them). The music was always really cool...even in the 8-bit days, I still hum to the music as I play through the first Castlevania...and then proceed to cuss rapidly once I get to the Grim Reaper. Big Grin

Castlevania Chronicles had one of the best soundtracks, along with Symphony of the Night.
Castlevania 4 has some of the best music EVER.
Final Fantasy Grand Finale and Chrono Trigger I think it was called a A wrinkle in time or something like that.
Quote:Originally posted by Ka-Talliya
Riven and Mist

Those games were AWSOME!!! I remember when Mist was released and playing it for HOURS!!! But I don't even remember any music in Mist. WTF is wrong with me?!?!?!?

Chrono Trigger really does have some awsome music. Castlevania SOTN has probably the best soundtrack of an Castlevania game. I have heard the real soundtrack..my friend from one of my past jobs had it.. it was amazing.
The music was better in Riven...you could actually buy the soundtrack from the company.
FFVII and Rez
Metal Gear Solid games. When I hear the title music, I can't wait to go around and save the world again.Big Grin
I've been wanting to play Rez for some time now. I keep hearing what an amazing spectacle of a game it is. Unfortunately, you can't rent it at any of my local stores and it's still full priced even though it's almost two years old.

One thing I love about my PS2 is all the music games available for it. The music line up in Amplitude is hard to beat and Gitaroo Man has an incredibly solid soundtrack as well.
Then there's SSX Tricky which has one of the best adjusting soundtracks I've ever seen. Depending on how well you're doing in the game, the soundtrack gets more or less intense as you play. Definitely a contender for best soundtrack.

But the one that jumped into my mind above and beyond all the others is from my old Commodore 64. There was a game called Suicide Express that was actually a pretty lame game. As bad as the game was, I wanted to get better and better at the game just to hear more of the soundtrack.