Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Allround questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hiya,

I'm kairu and i'm from holland. Just saw a banner about your site and got a good look of it.
Me and my friends are quite intressted about alot of DVD anime on your site but first some questions to clear things up.

Are these all original DVD anime? It says rip and i'm not quite sure what it meansRolleyes .

I'm from the prehistoric period (VCD) and i don't have a DVD player yet
(intend to buy one, "cheap"Big Grin ). So what's this thing about R2 , mac and some other confussing stuff:confused: .

And i saw some where in the forum that the shipping fee was international 10 dollars. Is that 1 shipping fee for all or each product that i order 10 dollar.
No matter how many DVDs you order, shipping is a flat rate.

These are actual DVDs, but if you're talking about the legality of them, that's a different story. Rip means its a copy of the R1 (USA) release, merged onto fewer discs.

Region 2's means Japanese DVDs. They won't work on regular American DVD players. But rest assured, every single DVD in the store over at import-anime.com is region 0, which means it plays on every DVD player ever. No matter what player you buy, wherever you buy it, it will play it (unless it's broken Big Grin )

Be sure before buying a DVD set that it's review shows it has good subtitles! It seems like you are new to HK DVDs, and we don't want to make your experience a bad one.

Edit: Oh, and MAC is one of the companies that makes the DVD. Many many companies may release the exact same titles, so in order to be sure you're getting the best ones, you have to be sure to get a certain one from a certain company.