Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Help Me Help Me Help Me Help Me Help Me!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
HHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got a blue screen of DEATH!!!!!
It says this.......Missing or damaged file....System32\Drivers\Ntfs.sys

WHERE DO I GO???
WHAT DO I DO?????
was it one time? If so, don't worry about it. If it's everytime you start up or run for a period of time, try rolling back your drivers a month or two back. Lastly, if the problem persists, reinstall windows.
Oh it wasn't just once!

............SKITE!!!!! (shit)
when do you get the bsod?
Right after the Ram check. Sometimes it logs on in safe mode after th ram check and lets me go to windows through the last known succesful login and then a BSOD. Sometimes it will do that same thing butn then go to windows instead of the BSOD. Sometimes after the Ram check it goes straight to the BSOD. Something about my BIOS is messed up. Is there anywhere to go and download a repair file for the thing I first posted???
I doubt your mobo can give you a BSOD. Your best bet would be to transfer your HD to someone else's computer so you can back up your files, then re-formating and re-installing windows.
I'm not that much of a expert in hardware, but if it's a BIOS problem you mostly likely have something wrong wtih your ROM. Your ROM is what allows your computer to boot up using the bootstrap file. I'd call the company you bought your computer from and hopefully it's still under warranty. If you built it yourself then you might want to search google for a solution. If not you'll have to pay some comp tech guy to look at it for ya. Know any computer savy friends?
Quote:Originally posted by Tripp
I'm not that much of a expert in hardware, but if it's a BIOS problem you mostly likely have something wrong wtih your ROM. Your ROM is what allows your computer to boot up using the bootstrap file. I'd call the company you bought your computer from and hopefully it's still under warranty. If you built it yourself then you might want to search google for a solution. If not you'll have to pay some comp tech guy to look at it for ya. Know any computer savy friends?

A Blue Screen of Death is a Windows Error, not a mobo bootup error.

Your hardware potentially could cause a BSOD, however, if it didn't do so before hand, then I doubt it's suddenly going to start doing so now. Like I said before, you should just re-install windows. It's a specific file that is fucking up.
I know the Blue Screen is a Windows error. It usually means a memory overlow of some kind. It also can mean a system error. If your bootstrap file isn't working properly your windows wouldn't even boot up. But if he said it's a BIOS problem then it is with the ROM. I'm just basing on what he stated. Reinstalling windows might work. I didn't say it wouldn't.
Quote:Originally posted by Tripp
I know the Blue Screen is a Windows error. It usually means a memory overlow of some kind. It also can mean a system error. If your bootstrap file isn't working properly your windows wouldn't even boot up. But if he said it's a BIOS problem then it is with the ROM. I'm just basing on what he stated. Reinstalling windows might work. I didn't say it wouldn't.

There is no "usual" error for a Blue Screen of Death. BSODs are caused by most anything. Including corrupted files, program errors and Windows 9x being on a comp for long periods of time.
Yes, I think I kind of said that. That whole leaving your computer on too long with the older versions of windows, that's called a memory leak. The newer versions windows 2000 and XP are programmed with memory management far superior than their predecessors. 98 and 95 had hardly any, that's why those blue screens popped up so readily. Overwriting a memory block that's already been used by another application wasn't handled in 98 or 95.

I already said that if it had to do with the BIOS, which is a chip and has nothing to do with files or the operating system itself, reinstalling windows would not help it. If it was something say a missing or corrupted system file..then yes it might help it. The only errors that "usually" occur with the new OS are with bad drivers. Memory conflicts are handled pretty well with 2000 and XP, that's why your computer doesn't flake out until it's on a long, long time. And you're right that the older versions didn't have "usual" causes for blue screens popping up because the OS was crap. They had so many different things that could cause errors, but the majority were memory conflicts. You don't expect your drivers or your hardware to fizzle out on you periodically, but with the older versions memory access was the major cause.
Problem SOLVED!!!
Hey, that's great that you got it working again. Hopefully it'll stay that way for a while. I hate when something goes wrong with my comp...
I had to call Kakoi and ask if he knew of something to do ... He said to set the pc to a date when it wasn't messed up and it worked. I had to try like 50 times to get my pc to come on and not get the BSOD but it worked!!!
Cool. Cool. Roll Back works for me.
Pages: 1 2