Import Anime Forums

Full Version: what anime would you recommend?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
guys could you recommed some anime for me.i didn't see alot only few. i would like to buy some more.what i like the most is horror.

the best i've see in berserk and i like hellsing to and battel angel ,mermaid forest,neon gensis evangelion , vampire hunter d blood lust

and somemore like these. i like it more when it ends with something sad.

so plzzzzzzzzz plzzzzzzz recommend something like these to me.
I'm not sure if you'd like it, but you may want to try Lain; I've seen a few episodes. It's a horror anime, with very unique art and a depressing story line.

Also, I'd suggest Samurai Deeper Kyo or Naruto. My friend has watched many of the anime you've seen, and he liked them a lot, so maybe you guys have the same taste in some anime ^^ .. Can't guarantee it though; I have not seen these myself yet.

Good luck ^^ Hope this helps a little.
Check out Boogiepop Phantom or Vampire Princess Miyu. They're a bit darker than most stuff out there. If you'd like to be depressed in a non-horror setting, check out Kanon. Card Captor Sakura is neither horror nor depressing but I don't see why I can't put in a cheap plug for my favorite anime series anyway. Wink
I hope you've seen Ninja Scroll. It's done by the same team that did Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust and stands out from all the other ninja shows in a big way.

You'll probably also really enjoy Trigun. It starts out funny but gets more and more serious as the series progresses. This series is on a lot of peoples top 10 list.

You might not like this but I recommend The Castle of Cagliostro to everybody who watches anime. It's directed by Hayao Miyazaki, widely recognized as one of the best directors in the world, and staring Lupin III. The movie is full of adventure, comedy, and lots of fun.

Speaking of Miyazaki, some of his top movies that you are almost guarateed to enjoy are Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Laputa: Castle in the Sky, Nausicaa, and My Neighbor Totoro. He's done others but these are the best of what he's done.

Noir is another title you might enjoy. Make sure you get one of the sets with decent subtitles (read the reviews on this site) as the version with bad subs are some of the worst subtitles ever made for an animated feature.
I like to ad the fabulous anime "Now&Then, Here&There. It's about a little boy who gets warped to a strange desert world where he has to save a girl from an army formed by children. This doesn't seem like an original plot line, but trust when I say there is no anime like it. The main charrecter is animated (but doesn't act) like someone you would find in pokemon but the way his emotions are brought to the screen is unique. Highly recommended.

Good luck.
I no it's not Anime but if you want real Horror then get some Barney Tape, now that's Scary. *shivers*
Id recommed Cowboy Bebop -You cant go wrong with this baby ! either Fx or Mac ( which is a rip of the FX )Big Grin
I am so freaking glad Now and Then, Here and There got mentioned, that is an excellent often overlooked anime. Other stuff I would try out.

Petshop of Horrors
Lily Cat
Blue Gender
A wind named Amnesia
Mermaid's Scar
Windaria
Grave of the Fireflies
Railroad to the Stars
Tree of Palme
It would seem to me some of these might be up your ally.
If you like horror you can try Betterman and Bastard (very violent fantasy series). You might also like Karusu Tengu Kabuto The Movie.
Vic
If I could add Witch hunter Robin- i personnally think its alot better than Hellsing-- this seems to be in the variety or type of animation you like- Big Grin Puzzleguy