Import Anime Forums

Full Version: sailor moon s1 set reviews?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Are there any reviews for the MAC set for this? I've looked around, the site doesn't list any and search doesn't find any in the forums. I'm a bit new to this, so if there are other spots to check, I don't know them.

Any info would definitely be appreciated!
Sorry no idea
I have the fx set that is on 4 discs and it is a perfect R1 rip
I would assume the mac set is a R1 rip, but its on 3 discs.
I dont know if that would change the quality or not.
By s1 I meant season 1, not SM S. Or is there an Fx rip of Sailor Moon? The MAC sets are the only ones I've seen on the sites I've checked. Sorry if you misunderstood!
Oops oh well
Their is no uncut hk for the first season but their is one that is a rip of the adv censored version. Since the season 1 uncut box set is out its possible fx or mac might do a rip of that
Im hoping so at least.
ah, it's censored? well, that's a waste of dvds... heh. did a bit of looking around on the net, and it seems like the uncut version that came out has some major audio problems. kind of annoying. i'll just get SM S instead. anyway, thanks for the info!
Your talking about the R1 set that got put out
i have heard no problems about it.
The s set here got a pretty favorable review, and if your a sailor moon fan you cant go wrong with the s season
its the best in my opinon
But have hope that Classic, R, and Super S get a nice hk rip of their own
Check animeondvd for details about the audio problem. Amazon.com has a bunch of reviews for the set complaining about it as well. It's annoying, but I'd still pick up an HKDVD for the set if it was done.
Are you guys talking about that over $100 Sailor Moon DVD box set I keep seeing in practically every store I go to? Its crappy quality and they want THAT much money? Tell me your kidding.
Nope.

Here is the AnimeonDvd audio review:
Quote:Audio:
Sailor Moon is one of those shows where the Japanese producers never put much effort into making it look or sound very good, and this first season is presented entirely in a flat, monaural mix. For the majority of the episodes on this set, the audio approaches the quality of the audio on Pioneer?s Season 3 (S) and Season 4 (Super S) releases, which is to say, not that great, but passable.

For a handful of episodes, however, the audio is too low and muffled. These episodes sound as though they are playing in another room in the house. Fortunately, this problem is generally limited to the first half of the series, and the audio becomes more solid and consistent in the second half. For some episodes the problem is exclusive to the pre-episode prologues, and sound quality improves in the episode proper. Generally, the OP and the first ED songs are low and unpleasantly distorted. The second ED is much louder, with some clipping in the upper registers.

This is in no way a reference or archival quality release in terms of audio, but I suspect that ADV made do with the best elements they had available.

Check Amazon.com for a lot of customer reviews that were quite unhappy about this.
One of the ADV's Sailro Moon boxsets has an episode missing. 67, was it?
I don't know. The subbed set is advertised as uncut, so I wouldn't think so. AnimeonDVD mentions nothing about it, either.
Quote:Originally posted by Vinny
One of the ADV's Sailro Moon boxsets has an episode missing. 67, was it?

Sorry, looked into this, and you're right--episode 67 is still missing. For details about the cuts in the original set and in this set, go to http://www.animeprime.com/reports/sm.shtml and take a look at they info they have on it.
Episode 67 missing was by no means ADVs fault. Toei refused to give it to ADV.
Yep. I looked at the episode name on another page, and it's "Ocean, Island, Vacation! Warrior's Day Off." There should be descriptions available for what happens in the episode. Also, just to be clear, ep 67 is in the second set, Sailor Moon R, not in the first season, Sailor Moon.
Indeed. Funny thing is, there's NOTHING in that episode worth cutting. They go to the beach, and Chibimoon finds dinosaurs, etc. It's just...Toei hates anything American, and they don't really care if the series does well over here or not.
Pages: 1 2