Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Fist Of The North Star...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I happen to be wondering. Does anyone know anything about the Fist Of The North Star movie being released on DVD? I and a friend of mine have been looking for it for awhile now, but what I found doesnt look too promising.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/det...ance&s=dvd
Wondering why Amazon isnt selling it. Its been like this for along time. So anyway, should I buy it?
It was originally distributed by Streamlin pictures and was released on DVD by image along with megazone 23 and a couple of other titles, but image went under I think in 1999, I'm not sure who owns the rights now, but man just get the AS version its just as good, I just wish someone would do Battle Angel Alita again and Gowcaizer.
I would reccomend the MI (Manga International version)
It has the original ending and has a good subtitle track.
If you must have the english dub go with the AS version, but i cant recomend it because there is no way to watch it in japanese with subtitles. The japanese track on it has embeded chinese subs.
Alright, what version is this, and where can I get the ones you speak of?
No problem there
you can request the MI (manga international) version in the requests forum. It will cost 9+shipping
Look in the dvd reviews section and look for the fist of the north star movie with the green M logo beside it
I reviewed it myself. You can compare it to the reviews for the AS version, and then decide.
Well, according to that, the one on Amazon is the crap version. So Ill have to go with the MI. Whats this R1 release I read of?
the R1 was put out by streamline but was a very small release
it didnt even have japanese language
it is extaclty the same as the vhs version
MI is the way to go, either from here or somewhere else
Either way its the way to go