Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Should I take this chance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I, eventually, wanted to pick up Gundam Wing. I sold my R1s because I couldn't take the subs, and was planning on picking up the MI set. Problem is, they relased a rip of the R1 set, and I fear that productiono f the original 5 disc set has ceased. I want to get that set, but didn't want to get it yet, yet I'm in a position where if I don't pick it up soon, I may not be able to get it. So, what do you think? Should I take the chance and miss the set and buy some other stuff I want, or pick up the set now? The main problem is that I'm between jobs at the moment and with out a steady flow of income, I have no clue when I will get money again.
Depending on how much you want it really. I don't know why you don't like the R1 subs, but even when an R1 rip is made, usually the old ones don't go out of production very quickly.

If you really think that the show is worth it (since you bought the R1's,) I would buy the set, especially if the other stuff you want will still be in print later.
You should ask JJ about the subs or if he can get the set you want. Personally, if it isn't exactly the way you want it, I'd get some other stuff.
Cuz face it bro...if it's not what you want, you wont be happy with it.
What's wrong with the R1 subs exactly? I know quite a few people don't like them, but I've never heard why.
Quote:Originally posted by kamykami
What's wrong with the R1 subs exactly? I know quite a few people don't like them, but I've never heard why.

Besides the few grammar problems and missing sub (see my review...should be posted soon), I only noticed a few weird translations. I remember Zechs said something like..."That's just dandy." something like that in the first episode. Also, the subs follow the dub almost exactly...I really didn't mind that, but just thought I'd point it out.

I remember that I did not paticularly like the subs for the R1 release of Berserk. I was used to the MI HK DVD's fansubs and the R1 subs were harder to read, IMO. I guess it just depends on what you're used to. I'm still glad that I kept my MI version though.

Vinny: If I were you, I would go ahead and pick up the old set, cause I doubt the other set will be around that much longer. I would think that most sellers will be replacing the old MI set with one of the newer R1 ripped sets as we speak...er...post. Big Grin