Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Half-Life 2 in 3 different flavours!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It seems that there will be three different versions of the game available retail as well as downloadable versions.

http://www1.cex.co.uk/cex_feature.asp?ct=1&id=6924
sounds like a rip of to me... 3 different version, having to purchase atleast 2 of them.. probably at 49.99USD each...

I'll just skip Half Life 2 for Doom 3 and Halo 2...
Quote:Originally posted by JunkieJoe
sounds like a rip of to me... 3 different version, having to purchase atleast 2 of them.. probably at 49.99USD each...

I'll just skip Half Life 2 for Doom 3 and Halo 2...

I suppose Version 2 will appeal to the modders, especially the Counter-Strike team, if it has all the tools included. I'm guessing that the prices will differ depending on what version you want.

I can't comment much on Halo 2 except to say it looks amazing, but I think HL2 will rip Doom III apart. PC magazines have noticeably shut up about ID's game since the first HL2 footage was shown. Even Xbox magazines (in the UK anyway) have gone crazy just at the thought of HL2 possibly arriving on Microsoft's console.

That's not to say Doom III will be bad, but I've noticed that mags have stopped looking at the graphics and pondered on the fact that the game is essentially a re-working of the original. We shall have to wait and see.