Import Anime Forums

Full Version: How's the audio/video/subtitle quality of
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok I really need you're help on this one guys. I'm a big Anime fan, was never really interested in bootlegs because everyone said that they are 'evil'. But I'm sick and tired of paying $200 for a boxset or something of just one series. So that's why I'm going for the boots from now one (with exception of some titles offcourse.) So I want to make a huge order but first I want to make sure I get decent quality DVD's. That why I want to ask you guys, if you could tell me how the subtitles, audio and video quality are of the following DVDs?
Card Captor Sakura,
Arc the Lad,
Blue Submarine No.6,
Flame of Recca,
Gasaraki,
GTO
Hellsing
Inuyasha
Knights of Ramune,
Magic Knight Rayearth 1+2,
Nadesico,
Patlabor OVA
Patlabor New OVA
Ranma 1/2 TV Part 1,
Read or Die OAV
Record of Lodoss War OVA,
Record of Lodoss War TV,
Sabber Marrionette J To X,
Sakura Wars TV Series,
Star Ocean EX,
Street Fighter 2- Movie
Street Fighter 2V
Tales of Eternia,
Tenchi Muyo! OVA,
Tenchi Universe,
Trigun Perfect Collection,
Vampire Mistress Miyu Tv,
Vampire Mistress Miyu OVA,
X TV Series,
X OVA,
Yu Yu Hankusho TV,
YuGiOh TV,
Zone of the Enders.
If the series is released by multiple companies, could you tell me which one is the best to take (for instance, Arc the Lad is released by 3 companies, which should I take?)

Thanks a lot!
Rurouni
theres a TON of reviews for most of those items on the main site.... why not check those out first?

www.import-anime.com then click on Region 0 on the left side bar
Good Sets
-------------
Card Captor Sakura
Ranma 1/2 TV Part 1
Record of Lodoss War OVA (FX version only)
GTO (Messed up last episode)
Flame of Recca
Inu Yasha (Not Perfect but heard very good)
Patlabor OVA
Also any other rip is good

Stay away
-------------
Record of Lodoss War OVA (Manga Video)
Arc the Lad
Yu Yu Hakusho (heard very horrible engrish ridden subs. But it's so cheap it's a decent deal).

Hope this helps a little.
Quote:Originally posted by "JunkieJoe"

theres a TON of reviews for most of those items on the main site.... why not check those out first?

www.import-anime.com then click on Region 0 on the left side bar
yeah but as you can see, the site gives Arc the Lad 5 stars, and Steve_the_Talking_Pie says that I should avoid that one. So that's why I wanted help from people who have seen the sets or know more about it.
Quote:Originally posted by "Steve_the_Talking_Pie"

Good Sets
-------------
Card Captor Sakura
Ranma 1/2 TV Part 1
Record of Lodoss War OVA (FX version only)
GTO (Messed up last episode)
Flame of Recca
Inu Yasha (Not Perfect but heard very good)
Patlabor OVA
Also any other rip is good

Stay away
-------------
Record of Lodoss War OVA (Manga Video)
Arc the Lad
Yu Yu Hakusho (heard very horrible engrish ridden subs. But it's so cheap it's a decent deal).

Hope this helps a little.
Thanks, but what do you mean with Inu Yashu? what's not perfect about it? And what do you mean with 'any other rip is good'? the other titles mentioned in my first post or something?
whoever did star rated it didnt do a good job.. (alot of people rate it and the site displays the average... but u can look at the REVIEWS(2) link... link on it and u will have 2 Reviews POP up on that title... and there u can see a user giving it 1.5 stars

is the site that hard to figure out.... u are not the first one to not realize that u can read written reviews on it and not just stars

http://www.import-anime.com/index.php?pa...amp;list=A
yeah I just noticed it, thanks....that helps a lot Smile
Well I checked all of 'm, and still have some questions:
These titles have been released by multiple companies, which one should I pick?
Card Captor Sakura - Anime Studio/Anime Club or Anime Cartoon/Manga International ?

Flame of Recca - Anime Studio/Anime Club or Anime Cartoon/Manga International ?

X TV Series -
Anime Studio/Anime Club or Anime Cartoon/Manga International ?

Patlabor OVA - Anime Studio/Anime Club or Anime Cartoon/Manga International ?

And I have some questions about the following titles:
Sakura Wars TV Series - how's the video/audio/sub quality? can't find any info about it.

Patlabor New OVA - Same question as Sakura Wars TV.

Street Fighter 2V - Audio Hickups....how anoying are they? how much are they in it?

YuGiOh TV -> how's the Anime Studio/Anime Club release?

Knights of Ramune -> How's the quality of this release?

Gasaraki -> How's the quality of this release?
I know that CCS sets are excelent .. AS and MI.. others, I am not sure
Does AS or MI use logo's in the corners for advertising or emails in the subs?
What I mean is Inu Yasha doesn't have perfect subs (say like that of Animeigo), however they are good for HK standards. The translation makes sense and is in good english grammar. Any series that has a DUB along with the SUB is a rip most likely from R1. This means the set would be same as the one you would buy from stores.
Ruruini, most likely they do... is that a problem for you? ;p
HK DVDs are usually far from perfect. However look at it this way, the Ranma 1/2 Movie 2 cost me $30. You can buy the first 25 episodes of Inu Yasha for the same price. It would cost you $200 or more to get the episodes off of VIZ.
thanks for all the info people!

now if someone could help me with my last title-list (which company to choose and about the quality of the other DVD's) I'm all set to go.
For Flame of Recca I am told the 6 DVD (believe it is Manga International) is the better release (beats the 4 DVD set).