Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Devilman videogame
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just wanted to know if anyone has played it and if it's a good game.
It's on Sony Playstation.
Nope, but I do own the SD Devilman for the Super Famicon.
I would personally like to know this as well...I have thought about posting this same thread, but I didn't think I would get any replies. From what I have heard it is like Resident Evil and you basically play through a videogame version of the first two OVA's. I've heard that you can play as the newer looking Devilman and the older Devilman(unlockable), and I've heard that it has finishing moves of some sort. I would love to get this game...but it is REALLY hard to find now.

BTW, evilomar, what is Super Famicon Devilman like? I have never of that one.
it was a sidescroller but you were super deformed, it was ok for the time it came out.
It's not that difficult to find...I'm thinking of buying one at the moment, I'm hoping that the shipping costs will not be too high from Japan to The Netherlands.
Pictures can be found on the Plastic Devilman website and I've seen pictures of the finishing moves and demons (Jinmen, Zann etc.) on other sites.
Quote:Originally posted by cthulhu
It's not that difficult to find...I'm thinking of buying one at the moment, I'm hoping that the shipping costs will not be too high from Japan to The Netherlands.
Pictures can be found on the Plastic Devilman website and I've seen pictures of the finishing moves and demons (Jinmen, Zann etc.) on other sites.

What other sites can you buy the game from besides ebay? That's the only place I've seen it at...
Well, I've just bought it through Ebay, but I've also seen it on the Japanese Amazon site. On Ebay I've seen it a couple of times. There are also some shops in Japan that sell secondhand games through internet, they sometimes have Devilman. So, if you look around you'll find it quite easy even if it isn't being sold in stores anymore.
I don't think Amazon Japan ships to America, though...
Amazon japan ships to The Netherlands, so I guess they also ship to the USA. The only problem is that most of the site is in Japanese (which I can't read).
cthulhu, let me know how that Devilman game is once you get...I'll probably get it regardless, but anyway, I'd appreciate it. Wink
Hi Berserker.
The game's great (haven't had the time to play it much yet)!!! I got it 2 days ago and it's like Resident Evil but then also with moving cameras. The graphics are pretty good when you think the game is 3 years old. It pretty much follows the 2 first Devilman OVAs. The controlls are maybe a little bit difficult but they're quite good. The sound and background music are really good and add to the suspense.
Devilman might not be a game classic, but speaking as a big Devilman and Resident Evil fan, I have to say that everyone who likes Devilman or Resident Evil should buy this game.
There's a Japanese guy on Ebay who sells Devilman regularly, the price depends on how mint the game and packing is, the one I got had a near mint disc and the rest was mint. The guy's Ebay username is "macross125", he's really reliable.
Good luck and have fun.
thanks man!

but speaking as a big Devilman and Resident Evil fan, I have to say that everyone who likes Devilman or Resident Evil should buy this game.

That phrase helps me out a lot, because it really describes what I am looking for. thanks.

EDIT: That seller has a real wide variety of import games...he even has Biohazard and Deep Fear for Sega Saturn! *eyes widen* :eek:
I wish the SegaSaturn Biohazard case art was as good as the Playstation version's... And, from my experience, Macross125 is a good seller. I ordered SS Gradius DX Pack from him, and everything arrived quickly and in good shape. Here is another website w/ import SS/PS games...

http://www.importgamesjapan.com
Thank you for the link to macross125's website...I lost it somewhere the last time.