Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Bad Traders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey JJ, I think an awesome idea/service you can implement would be to set up an escrow service. Dvds/Merchandise gets sent to you or an affiliate of yours stateside for a nominal fee - say a buck per transaction. Rolleyes You would make money with the volume of business you'd garner. It's be reliable, fair and OBJECTIVE most importantly. Both parties would have an reassurance, and @s$h0l3's wouldn't have the time of day to be ripping people off (damn get a life!).:p

The downside? - the added costs of postage for traders, unless they want to save costs and go with slow/3rd class postage, etc. This is just a brainstorm in its infancy, but I think its practical, what do ya'll think? Food for thought! Big Grin A small price some may pay for a piece of mind :o
hmm thats a pretty good idea, yea aside from the "Fee" it means i would also have to ship to both parties etc etc...
Well, the traders just have to front the postage costs to the final destination... I guess this idea would be good for people who do BIG trades, then the costs would justify the ends I suppose... still, this idea could very well take off though... Cool
Sounds interesting. But possibly expensive, and a headache for JJ.Wink
Possibly - but theres always someone who figures out a way to screw someone- with some new trick--I do like your idea thou-- having a third party act as a go between-- ( alot like what paypal does ) A third party can hold onto your stuff and others as well- and you can do your trading- when your done. the stuff the third party is holding gets sent to the traders-- they can also varify the condition of the discs and they can rate the traders honesty. you can start by sending all your trading stuff to that person-- then work your deals--- the only problem I can see is that alot of these HK DVDS are so cheap to begin with there not worth sending half way around the country-- especially when your only paying 7-9 dollars a disc. Big Grin Puzzleguy
A headache for JJ? Possibly, or moneymaker if he can execute it off nicely with the kinks out of the way. Its true that most of the hkdvds are cheap to begin with... so... unless traders are willing to trade SLOWLY [3rd class media mail], and recieve the product that way, WITH VERIFICATION, PEACE OF MIND, for 1 BUCK...

Then again, its just an raw idea... but look what happaned to eBay... *cough*