Import Anime Forums

Full Version: fushigi yuugi and x tv
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
wow, after i watched the suzaku box of fushigi yuugi i thought "my god, this is exactly like x, and x the tv series is exactly like fushigi yuugi." Y'know two groups believing what they are doing is good and whatnot and 6 people not including the leader who they protect. I thought fushigi yuugi was funny but WHY should i buy the next box set if it's so damn similar to x?
hmmm it ends alot different than X does and if you don't already feel for the characters than I wouldn't get the second box set. I don't want to ruin it, just don't get the Oavs, but comparing the two is a bit harsh, just take each series as its own, yeah anime inspires other anime there would be no Tenchi Muyo without Zenki or all the cyborg anime without Astro boy, etc etc. However, in this case I'm not sure which one came out first.
I've seen both series and I wouldn't even compare the two. They had two completely different goals, too. If you enjoyed FY, get the second set, just to see the ending. I thought it had one of the coolest endings: the second half is also when the action/angst picks up and people start to die.

I personally liked the OAVs. Well, the Oni OAVs. Eikouden was an anime made off of the novel that was NOT written by Watase.
Quote:Originally posted by Suzakuseikun
and people start to die.

badass.....just what i wanted to know.
You'd be surprised who dies and who lives.
Death still sells!!! Great,