Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Ur 2 cents
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if anyone has heard about the DBZ movie that is supposed to be made by Fox, and what short anime Like 12-13 episode that u would like to see made into a live action move.Oh by the way DBZ is live action.
Mine will be hellsing because of his Gun and his "what do u call it" cat or catch pharse. In the name of God soul of the living death blah blah blah.
Personally, I think the animes are strong enough on thier own. I don't want to see my favorite characters butchered for an american audience. I don't want to see them live action at all.
I'd like to see lain and boogiepop so that I might finally be able to understand the story's. I have a very hard time keeping the charecters appart because there are so many of them and they all wear the same school uniforms.

I have heard of the DBz movie from here and am eagerly awaiting it. I think they could make a good movie if you look at the special effects in Shaolin Soccer and Stormriders.

BTW, in Shaolin soccer you see the main charrecter singing on stage with a bold head and six dots on his head. Is this a refference to the bold guy from DBz (Krillin?) or does this have some special meaning in Asian culture?
Those dots are burns from incence. Kuririn (the bald guy in Dragonball) is a monk.
I want to see the DBZ movie. Obviously I don't want it to be bad, but I've thorougly enjoyed Dragon Ball and DBZ for a long time, I'd love to see a good live action version.
Ok I remember Fox talking about this 3 years ago, is this the movie based on the DBZ show or the actual Gokuu chinese legend? As far as anime movies hmm I would love to see a Robotech trilogy (not Macross mind you) because of all the special effects they could do now, but that probably will never happen.
It's actually a Dragonball movie.Sad

I guess it really matters how it is treated. If they treat it with respect and dignity (unlike that bothersome dub) it could be an alright watch. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Ohmygawd, it would be heeelarious to see someone try to make a film out of Furi Kuri!! I'd wanna see who they'd get to play Haruko. Heehee Smile Although you just know they'd probably screw it all up and cast Toby Macguire and Ben Affleck.
So far I know there are going to be a Dragonball, NGE, Akira, Lupin and a Sailor moon live action movies.

Lupin has a chance to not suck as the premise does not rely on too much special effects, in fact I think the movie would be better if it was like a cheezy B movie.
NO!!! NOOOOOOO!!!! NO NOT AKIRA!!!!! NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
I thought some studio is making a live action DBZ movie ehhh since 2 years ago? I remember seeing my friends voting on who they want to be Gokuu and Vegeta online. Ehhhh think the candidates for Gokuu were Jet Li, Antonio Banderas, Van Damme???!! I completely forgot about it until I saw this thread.
Well my 2 cents... first off the voting was held by a couple places DBZ web site DBZ magazine.... and I remeber these people winning...

Goku : Robin Shou, Jacky Chan a close 2nd
Vegeta : Jet Lee
Trunks : Leonardo de crapo (WTF...?)
Cell : The Rock (yes the guy from Scropion King)

and a list of others I think Jet Lee is a good choice though because let's face
it he is always better when he is playing a guy with a chip on his shoulder...
(the movie The One comes to mind)

As for Live action I think the three from anime that stand the best chance in the real world would be Lupin, Vampire D, and Slayers.

Lupin would be great as a b film style in the Austin Powers film style...
Vampire D is an easy concept to grasp vampire having super powers easly made over people who don't know the anime would see just because it is a vampire flick...
Finaly Slayers... look at how well Lord of the Rings has been done... Slayers is a scrpit with a built in audience that is just begging for a chance
Quote:Originally posted by DARK OSAMU
NO!!! NOOOOOOO!!!! NO NOT AKIRA!!!!! NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why should it matter? It's not like the anime was any good...
Quote:Originally posted by kakomu
Why should it matter? It's not like the anime was any good...

What AKira not good? Blasphemy,hmm its like watching Dune you have to read it to respect it, and for a movie that is that old the animation was absolutely gorgeous, even the streamline voice actors were great...but you know, to each their own.
Quote:Originally posted by evilomar
What AKira not good? Blasphemy,hmm its like watching Dune you have to read it to respect it, and for a movie that is that old the animation was absolutely gorgeous, even the streamline voice actors were great...but you know, to each their own.

yea...but the story is utter crap. You'd have to readthe manga...and TOTALLY appreciate the crappiness of the Movie.