Import Anime Forums

Full Version: For the Big Guns...JJ, Schultz, and the Like
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
guess ill never meet any of you guys since i live in ireland, kinda sucks really Sad
I'll be sure to get Schultz to create a Picture room for all the Pics I'll be taking during the Con!! Smile

Chicago sounds good, too. Anything in August or September would be wonderful. I'm just disappointed that we can't make the Boston one. i miss Boston...and the Red Sox...but most of all, the food in Fanual Hall!!

We will solidify these plans as soon as Schultz and I get orders.Big Grin
Well I know I will be home in the states soon (at least it looks that way) and I know a road trip is going to happen when Dark, Kakoi, Steve, and I get in that blazer and make are way up to Boston to meet Shibo and the rest of the gang... As for the one in August count me in too... I have missed way too many Con and have some catching up to do...
Well, it looks like there are a good number of late summer anime cons in the area we're looking at getting together in.

July 30-Aug. 1, 2004 - Otakon, Baltimore, Md.
August 13-15, 2004 - Wizard World, Chicago, IL
August 20-22, 2004 - Shoujocon, Rye Brook, N.Y.
August 27-29, 2004 - CN Anime, Toronto, ON.
Sept. 3-5, 2004 - Big Apple Anime Fest, New York, N.Y.
Sept. 3-6, 2004 - DragonCon, Atlanta, GA
Fall (sometime) 2004 - Miraicon, Queens, NY

All of these cons looks like decent options with different pros and cons. We might even be able to get ourselves a table as dealers and set up home base while we're there. We'd have to make sure the con we choose is HK friendly. I'm pretty sure that isn't too much trouble given how many HK sets were available at Wizard World Chicago this year and that's one of the biggest cons there is.
Quote:Originally posted by morgorath
Well I know I will be home in the states soon (at least it looks that way) and I know a road trip is going to happen when Dark, Kakoi, Steve, and I get in that blazer and make are way up to Boston to meet Shibo and the rest of the gang... As for the one in August count me in too... I have missed way too many Con and have some catching up to do...

I'm still up for it big bro! If I have a job by then that is. The way jobs are in this place though, it looks like I'll be waiting a few more months. *SIGH* I wish I had a job sooooo bad, but NOBODY seems to be hiring.
Quote:Originally posted by Zagatto
Well, it looks like there are a good number of late summer anime cons in the area we're looking at getting together in.

July 30-Aug. 1, 2004 - Otakon, Baltimore, Md.
August 13-15, 2004 - Wizard World, Chicago, IL
August 20-22, 2004 - Shoujocon, Rye Brook, N.Y.
August 27-29, 2004 - CN Anime, Toronto, ON.
Sept. 3-5, 2004 - Big Apple Anime Fest, New York, N.Y.
Sept. 3-6, 2004 - DragonCon, Atlanta, GA
Fall (sometime) 2004 - Miraicon, Queens, NY

All of these cons looks like decent options with different pros and cons. We might even be able to get ourselves a table as dealers and set up home base while we're there. We'd have to make sure the con we choose is HK friendly. I'm pretty sure that isn't too much trouble given how many HK sets were available at Wizard World Chicago this year and that's one of the biggest cons there is.

The one in the Big Apple sounds good...Schultz thinks so too. Where are they holding that one? A hotel or a convention center?
Hey you know that's pretty awesome how you guys met and all. If you guys are doing a con in NY I might actually be up in that area for a business trip. I'd love to see all the people that made this site happen. I buy stuff from here all the time...it's the best and I make it a point only to buy from here when it comes to HKs cause it's been good to me. It goes to show you how just a few ideas can come together to make something great, and it's even better when it trickles down and effects others positively, even if they don't realize it. ^_^ I'd like to thank all those who put their efforst into this site day and night. You guys did a great job over these 2 years, and I thought I'd voice my appreciation. Hope to see you guys on the flips side or what not.
You know it really intersting... the very first Con Schultz and I had planned on attending (it fell thru though) was the Labor day Con in NY... kind of funny that we may still end up attending that con..in 2004 that is...
I think it was sorta not funny but...humorous...that since Morg couldn't go with Kakoi and Myself last year, that Kak and I couldn't go either. Well maybe Lady Luck will be on our side next time! I found it humorous that Kak and I couldn't go because that is the same week (of the Boston Con) that I quit my job.Sad
Hey dark I understand why you didn't find it funny and I thank you...
But we will be at the next one you can bet the house on that roll baby.
I'm going to start putting away money for next year RIGHT NOW. So even if I do get screwed out of some work I'll still have the cash to go.
Amen to that!
Quote:Originally posted by sanosuke
guess ill never meet any of you guys since i live in ireland, kinda sucks really Sad

You never know. Maybe we will one day have a meeting of the minds in Ireland?Big Grin
I'm up for a trip to Ireland!! Big Grin
Who's with me?
NOpe Ireland is out of reach at the moment, but hey never know could get stationed there...
Pages: 1 2 3 4