Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Add a counter?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You think you could add a module function that displays a number next to the anime dvd titles on the buy list showing how many are left in stock? Somehow link it so when someone purchases it it automatically decrements 1 from the list site. When it hits zero it just automatically removes itself from the list, that way people know how many copies are available and you don't have to worry about orders that come in for titles that were sold out before you could update. Just a suggestion.
Quote:Originally posted by Tripp
You think you could add a module function that displays a number next to the anime dvd titles on the buy list showing how many are left in stock? Somehow link it so when someone purchases it it automatically decrements 1 from the list site. When it hits zero it just automatically removes itself from the list, that way people know how many copies are available and you don't have to worry about orders that come in for titles that were sold out before you could update. Just a suggestion.

We can't do this right now because we can't get how many sets are sold through the PayPal shopping cart system.. ;o( But this is a planned feature..
Yeah that would be awesome. So many times I look at the list and am wondering. Huh..could that be the last one available..should I wait..hmmm..lol. I just can only hope it'll be available with the next new shipment so I can buy a bunch at one time, but it never works out. Anyway thanks for the quick reply. This web site is an awesome design man. I'm building one for a business as well, except mine is .asp format. Anyways later.
Yeah that would be awesome. So many times I look at the list and am wondering. Huh..could that be the last one available..should I wait..hmmm..lol. I just can only hope it'll be available with the next new shipment so I can buy a bunch at one time, but it never works out. Anyway thanks for the quick reply. This web site is an awesome design man. I'm building one for a business as well, except mine is .asp format. Anyways later.

Yea we know this problem.. and hopefully if RL permits i will have it done Soon..

and thanks for the compliment..

Ack ASP.. Die M$ Die.. Sorry i couldn't resist.. I hate Visual Basic syntax along with Asp's
LOL. Man have you seen the new .NET? Why do we even have to go to school for programming anymore *.*...eventually monkeys will be able to do what we do.....Bad Microsoft Bad...I still like the functionality though...I new 2003 servers are focusing more on security instead of being user-friendly. Trying to compete with Linux's reputation of being main man when it comes to security issues, though I don't see much difference. I just hate linux...most programmers love it....I can't stand it lol.
LOL. Man have you seen the new .NET? Why do we even have to go to school for programming anymore *.*...eventually monkeys will be able to do what we do.....Bad Microsoft Bad...I still like the functionality though...I new 2003 servers are focusing more on security instead of being user-friendly. Trying to compete with Linux's reputation of being main man when it comes to security issues, though I don't see much difference. I just hate linux...most programmers love it....I can't stand it lol.

yea but i hate how .net work.. you gotta have the runtime installed and how its more an interperated language then an actually programming language.. Like visual basic.. ack.. sorry i hate M$ with a passion.. Linux all the way. i use linux as a gateway / router which helped me not get attacked by the MS blaster worm at all.. ;o) also i like the whole LAMP (Linux Apache MySQL PHP) which is free all the way around..
.NET does this block memory crap that wigged me out one time...while it was compiling it seemed like it was eating all the memory up...but it's just that the program designates a specific memory block just to run it so there's no conflict with any other running programs...riiight...if you made it right in the first place you wouldn't have to now would ya....I thought Microsoft was going loco there for a little while. Yeah we had to update the servers with the new patch against that blaster worm. I loved the little attachment message that came with it. It was hilarious. I never worked with the MySQL PHP is it a lot different then SQL Server?
.NET does this block memory crap that wigged me out one time...while it was compiling it seemed like it was eating all the memory up...but it's just that the program designates a specific memory block just to run it so there's no conflict with any other running programs...riiight...if you made it right in the first place you wouldn't have to now would ya....I thought Microsoft was going loco there for a little while. Yeah we had to update the servers with the new patch against that blaster worm. I loved the little attachment message that came with it. It was hilarious. I never worked with the MySQL PHP is it a lot different then SQL Server?

Yea.. i konw some people that like C# because it cuts down programming time making everything easier to do. what did the attachment message say? hehe i still need to patch my windows machines since i been lazy without getting hit by it..

Also MySQL is the SQL Storage.. which probably not much different since they have SQL syntax and it might support more / less i am not sure.. and PHP is a C syntax scripting language like ASP..
I received a notice about the worm when it first hit and read up on the virus before I patched it. One of the articles said there was a hidden message within the worm that the Microsoft crew found heh.

[The worm left behind a love note on vulnerable computers: "I just want to say LOVE YOU SAN!" It also carried a hidden message to taunt Microsoft's chairman: "billy gates why do you make this possible? Stop making money and fix your software!"]

Sounds like one of the guys that does the subs for some of the anime titles ^_^.
Lol yea it does sound like that.. and i was just remembering some Acronyms for things..
LAMP = Linux Apache MySQL PHP
WAMP = Windows Apache MySQL PHP
WIMP = Windows IIS MySQL PHP

LOL.. ;o) but in the end its all what a person is comfortable with.. only thing i don't see linux is.. is a desktop yet.. Not as many good apps yet.. though there is some nice free ones.. ;o)
When you say for a desktop do you mean GUI interface or actually on a desktop, because I thought MACs used a unix or linux platform. Yeah we created a cluster at our school using Linux as our OS. It's like a supercomputer in our lab. All the comp sci geeks, oh I mean students *-* go there to do their programs. I hated typing all the line commands...but it helps to know all that stuff. I hated typing in DOS at one point, so it's not just biased dislike against linux. Maybe I just like seeing color or something...I don't know..I mean I have to type hundreds of lines when I program, so I don't know what the big deal is. The one the school used when I was there was the latest version of Red Hat. It was kind of funky...

EDIT: OH yeah I don't like linux cause of the vi editor lol...it blew..
When you say for a desktop do you mean GUI interface or actually on a desktop, because I thought MACs used a unix or linux platform. Yeah we created a cluster at our school using Linux as our OS. It's like a supercomputer in our lab. All the comp sci geeks, oh I mean students *-* go there to do their programs. I hated typing all the line commands...but it helps to know all that stuff. I hated typing in DOS at one point, so it's not just biased dislike against linux. Maybe I just like seeing color or something...I don't know..I mean I have to type hundreds of lines when I program, so I don't know what the big deal is. The one the school used when I was there was the latest version of Red Hat. It was kind of funky...

EDIT: OH yeah I don't like linux cause of the vi editor lol...it blew..

I mean in Desktop use.. I use KDE.. its a really nice GUI.. and Mac OS X uses a Posix standard.. which is what all Unix/linux's are based off thats why you can take a linux program with a few ports get it to run on Mac OS X.. but what i man for desktop is for useful well features apps.. I mean its getting there but slowly.. and yea Clustering is really nice which you can do in Linux easily..

you just hate CLI type interfaces.. hehe just load new linux which like Redhat all them are graphical installs.. and start up into a GUI .. hardly any CLI .. unless ssh'ing or actually going into a xterm
yeah, I have to agree with you on that one. Not many apps have been created for Linux. Anyway putting the computer talk aside, what's it like over there in Japan anyway? I've always wanted to visit over there. Like Tokyo or what not, that and I've always wanted to go to Australia...seems like so many cool stuff to do over on the Eastern side of the hemisphere lol.
yeah, I have to agree with you on that one. Not many apps have been created for Linux. Anyway putting the computer talk aside, what's it like over there in Japan anyway? I've always wanted to visit over there. Like Tokyo or what not, that and I've always wanted to go to Australia...seems like so many cool stuff to do over on the Eastern side of the hemisphere lol.

Its pretty cool.. I haven't gotten to go to Tokyo yet.. cause i am stationed on okinawa.. which small island south of Japan.. but i love it here.. lots of things to do.. Love eating bento's for lunch. Lol and they are cheap! i am lucky i am living off base in a japanese house.. ;o)
http://schultz.dnsalias.com/gallery/japanhouse
if you wish to look at it..
That's pretty awesome. you are a lucky guy man...I'm getting jealous!! lol. Is space an issue on Okinawa like it is on Mainland Japan? I mean getting a whole house like that on mainland Japan would be pretty difficult wouldn't it? Bento...is that like a lunchbox or is it Noodles? Ohh...food..speaking of which it's about lunch time lol...yes, I get much work done at work...Isn't it like midnight or so for you right now?
Pages: 1 2