Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Does anyone here watch DUBS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know it seems weird but no one hear ever talks about DUBS. Is it just me or do people not like them? I don't find them too bad.
Yeah, I got the R1 of Slayers TRY and I like the dub. I always watch TRIGUN in dub, and the Rurouni Kenshin OVA in dub.
I don't care for them at all.. Alot of series you can watch and you will get a total different feel of things because they generally change too many things or add in there "own english" sayings.. I have seen it done a lot.. Also they can't fully seem to get the voices right for the Chars.. Like in Trigun vash's voice is just way off IMHO.
Ranma 1/2 has a way better DUB in my opinion. Probably because I started out watching the DUB. It all depends. The animeigo series Bubble Gum Crisis had an early(1994 or so) terrible DUB. Though watching the SUB was pretty bad too. It was just weird watching a big oil Tycoon in Houston Texas, sporting a 10 gallon and speaking JAPANESE.
Quote:Originally posted by "Steve_the_Talking_Pie"

Ranma 1/2 has a way better DUB in my opinion. Probably because I started out watching the DUB. It all depends. The animeigo series Bubble Gum Crisis had an early(1994 or so) terrible DUB. Though watching the SUB was pretty bad too. It was just weird watching a big oil Tycoon in Houston Texas, sporting a 10 gallon and speaking JAPANESE.

Well i wouldn't say way better.. The only problem though is they change the voice actor for Ranma in the 6th season.. And from there i won't watch the DUB anymore since the new voice actor sucks.. but Ranma is one of the only series i can watch both evenly.. The other series which has an excellent dub is Slayers.. which again can both watch those evenly..
Actually don't mean to scare you, but they changed the voice actor at season 4. Cowboy Bebop had a really good DUB. So did Maison Ikkoku. Princess Mononoke was great too.

Actually don't mean to scare you, but they changed the voice actor at season 4. Cowboy Bebop had a really good DUB. So did Maison Ikkoku. Princess Mononoke was great too.

Ahh i noticed it in season 6 which i have on DVD.. don't have 3,4,5 on DVD but do have them Fansubed which is Jap/Sub..
Yeah I own some season 4 VHS. Have you seen Rumiko Takahashi's Maison Ikkoku?

Yeah I own some season 4 VHS. Have you seen Rumiko Takahashi's Maison Ikkoku?
Nah i haven't.. Though i have wanted to.. it pretty good? Also if you into ranma do you know anywhere or have the 3rd movie where they are in college..? i been searching everywhere for it..
No I don't. I however can help you. I can pool some incredible talent. I know one person who should know. I'll ask him. I know plenty of small places that have some incredible stuff pass through. If I find it I'll copy it to VHS and send it to you. Kind of like a fan sub deal. Would just need money for shipping and tape.
That would be great.. I could paypal you the money if you could find it.. ;o) so far for me its been really really hard to find.. but any help would be greatful.
Ranma fans have to look out for each other. Seriously I asked this guy on www.animenation.com, his name is John and he seems like the guy that is in the know. He could be very helpful.

Ranma fans have to look out for each other. Seriously I asked this guy on www.animenation.com, his name is John and he seems like the guy that is in the know. He could be very helpful.

:lol: ya i am on there mailing list.. i buy a bit of my anime from there.. and read most of his weekly questions.. but yea that would be a good question for him.. have you asked him before or going to? cause if not i might then want to shoot him an e-mail
The only dub I can tolerate is the Cowboy Bebop dub. @_@ That's it.
I think it just depends on how well they are done.

Some anime I like better dubbed (just relax, no reading required) and others you need the original Japanese dialogue to enjoy the show.

---

Example of a good dub:

Hand Maid May - Wow, this was a good dub. ..well, except for the "my my my.." (changed from "ara ara ara") of that one female. I prefered the dub to the Japanese audio!! Ussually I like the Jap track better or atleast as much.

There are many bad dubs, but don't hate dubs just because they are dubs! They can be done right.. just not very often. Wink Atleast with anime you can get the lips to sync-up better than with a hollywood production.

In the end its all a matter of personal taste and I ussually find myself switching between audio tracks and rewatching sections of the film just to try out both.
Pages: 1 2