Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Best Fighting Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Post some of your favorite fighting games and favorite characters from the games. Some of mine would have to be the various King Of Fighters games (I personally like the Korean -Kim, Chang, and Choi, I think- team), Soul Calibur 2 (Link is my favorite character), and Samurai Spirits/Showdown 2 (Tachibana Ukyo is my favorite).
for 2D fighters I prefer street fighter games... they are well balanced and always consistant, if u played it 10 years ago, new street fighter game coming out today would have the same move sets and if u were good back then u probably still are today.

for 3D fighters I love Dead or Alive 3, that game is great, so many moves, so many counters its great.

Soul Calibur 2 is lacking compared to Dead or Alive 3... I see alot of people raving over Soul Salibur 2 after they played the demo, how its better than DOA3 and i just laugh... I had the game for like 8 months now, the import Xbox version, the game is ok but I still prefer DOA3 for its strategies, Soul Calibur is just button smashing.. counting attacks is too hard a button combo in SC2 so u dont have the time to pull it off during a real match...

even the visuals of SC2... they kinda look PS2ish.. very simple, bright and colorful while DOA3 is very smooth the graphics are amazing... and the game was the flag ship game of when Xbox was released... and its still leading the way 3 years later...

the problem is SC2 is a game thats port of a lowest common denominator of the consoles... they dont rebuild SC2 for each console to take advantage of each system, but rather take the lowest system this way they know that what gamecube can dish out Xbox ofcause will do too...

The guy at TeamNinja, the makers of DOA games, talked about this issue, and how they always build games to take full advantage of the Xbox.... example being I think in October Dead Or Alive Online is coming out... its Dead Or Alive 1 and 2 with online play for Xbox, the Dead or Alive 1 is straight Dreamcast port that was never released in USA while Dead or ALive 2 is not a straight port of ps2 version, or rather completely rebuild on Dead or Alive Xtreme Volleyball graphics engine.... now Dead or Alive 2 will look even better than DOA3

anyhow.... my point is if u like fighters, you better try DOA3 to know what other games should be aiming for, since none have come close.

ps. I can finish SC2 with any fighter on default (medium hard level) with only pressing 2 buttons, the final boss is the easiest of them all
Dead or Alive 3 was a good game, but one reason I like Soul Calibur 2 more is because of the Weapon Master mode. Even though it is easy, it still gave the game a bit more lasting value and variety, trying to get all of the weapons. The weapons added a little more 2p variety, too. My major complaint with Soul Calibur 2 is about the endigs. They were just about the worst endings I have ever seen in a fighting game...
yea the endings i forgot to mention suck ass... just some drawing with text... and the weapon thing.. sure, its something to keep u busy with the game thats otherwise boring... I mean if u like that kinda thing... earning new weapons etc etc etc... why bother playing SC2 and just play some RPG
2-d Street Fighter 2 :that Game kicked ass back in the day
3-d Soul Calibur or Tekken: I like them both
My Number 1 2d fighter is Guilty Gear XX Nothing even touches this game. 2nd would be King of Fighters Dream Match 98.
My fave characters from GG are Chipp, Baiken, and Potemkin.
KoF are Ryo, Ralf, Clark, and Terry.

The only 3d fighters in MY opinion are the Soul Calibur games.
My faves are Link and Seigfrid/Nightmare.
2-D: I concur with all those that said Street Fighter. Only thing was, I would always get my butt kicked unless I was M. Byson.
Well I think the whole special fighter in SC is a great thing I think it is a little bit of a gimmick... As for the best fighter I have to go with Guilter Gear XX. Nothing touches this as a 2-D fighter. Marvelvs who ever has gotten old but while it was fresh it was a blast. The best from theat who series is SF vs SNK 2 great game.

For the hell of it I really love playing MK 2 I wish they would go back to real people doing the movies. All the specials can be over done but it was great to see a real person doing the moves...
What a great post!!!
Here we go:
Street fighter 2 turbo
Fatal Fury Special
Sam Show 2
Groove on Fight (Power Instict 3)
Virtua Fighter 2
Fighter's History Dynamite
Street Fighter 3 third impact
Warzard
Cyberbots
Pocket Fighters
Fighter's Megamix
Guardian Heroes (fighting mode)
World Heroes Perfect
King of Fighters 96
SNK VS Capcom
Here we go:

Street Fighter (and all of its variants)
Guilty Gear (same as above)
King of Fighters

That's about it.
Marvel VS Capcom 2 (Cable, Son-Son, Megaman, Tron Bonne)
Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution (Akira, Brad, Lion, Wolf)
Soul Calibur (Seung Mina, Hwang) I haven't played SC2 yet. I know Seung Mina is still in it and I have heard that there is someone like Hwang in it...
SNK VS Capcom 2 (Kim Kaphwan, Iori, Kyo...pretty much any SNK character)
Rival Schools 2 (Roy, Tiffany, and that girl with the camera...*can't remember name*)
Tekken 4 (Steve Fox, Kazuya)
King of Fighters (Maxima, Kim, K')
Favorites of mine are:

Almost all Street-Fighters (including EX plus Alpha)
Vampire Savior (sega saturn)
King of Fighters (all for Saturn & Dreamcast)
Kamen Rider V3 (PS1, after that the Rider games suck)
Soul Caliber
Evil Zone (PS1, forgot the import name)
Guilty Gear 1 & 2
Rival Schools 2 (dreamcast)
Fatal Fury Densetsu (saturn)
Mark of the Wolves (dreamcast)
Samurai Spirits: Amakusas' Revenge (saturn)
Bloody Roar 2 & Extreme (PS1 & xbox)
Virtual pro-wrestling 2 (N64)
Dead or Alive series
Pocket Fighter (saturn)
Star Gladiator (PS1)
StreetFighter VS X-Men (Saturn)
TechRomancer
Marvel vs. Capcom 1 & 2 (dreamcast)
Capcom VS SNK (dreamast)

Theres probably others, but this is what i can think of off the top of my head.
My favorite fighting game of all time:

Virtual Fighter 2!!!

Also, SF2, Art of Fighting1, and FatalFury2 were classics.
any of the Virtual Fighter seire's i think is good
I always enjoyed them more than the button mashing Tekken. I guess thats why I have also taking a liking DOA.
Pages: 1 2