Import Anime Forums

Full Version: How long after USA release until import with dub?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
anyone have any idea how long it usually is before the import versions have english voices after they are released in the USA. Mainly i am looking at His and Her Circumstances which is fully released in US on september 30, 2003. anyone have and speculation as to the time it will be releases in HK with english dub. Is it usually so many months after or does it depend on popularity of the series?
It depends on the company. Flora [FX] is releasing a lot of older stuff now [Gundam, El Hazard, redoing Tenchi, etc]. I know he's releasing the new Inuyasha sets, too, and is starting on X Tv. As for Kare Kano...I'd say probably next spring it should be out, if not sooner.
Depends on many many things, but for Kare Kano I'd give it about a month after the final DVD. (Judging by how fast Excel Saga came out after the final DVD.)

I'm really looking forward to this one too =)
Lately, they've been ripping everything. I think the fastest I've seen it between street date of the R1 and streetdate of teh HK is 2 months. That's about how long it took for InuYahsha and the latest Ranma boxset.
When did the last DVD of GTO come out? I'll definitely be buying that perf. collection.
I think it comes out this month or it already did, yeah forget buying 10 dvds for 42 episodes thats crazy.