Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Woah. Uber-huge new hk boxsets. huge and expensive!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I was walking around the seedy hk anime DVD stores here in..Hong Kong. I was seeing the same old stuff, and just as I was buying my Lupin set, I saw something I never saw before. I was like woah.
First thing I saw was a HUGE Cowboy Bebop box. Huge as in difficult to fit in your backpack. It was about the same size as a game console box.
A label on it, stuck on it by the stoe people said it had the TV series and the movie. And the price tag-it was EXPENSIVE. Like only slightly less than the official 6DVD set would cost. However the back of it showed it was a bootleg, what with it being region 0 and havingChinese subs. It did have English voices for both the show and the movie though.
Perfect R1 rip of show and the new R1 movie? hopefully. I know I won;t be getting it anytime soon, I have the perfect sessions and the R1 movie. Still that box looks pretty sweet.
Of less interest, I saw a Hellsing big box. This one was actually an official R3 version, not bootleg. Well it's made in HK but it's properly licensed, and R3.
It's much cheaper than the Bebop hugebox, as it only has on DVD inside. In fact it's quite cheap, the price of a real DVD at a legit store. (Except I haven't seen this at legit stores and I saw it at a bootleg store that happens to deal in legit stuff as well.)
Yeah so it's just one DVD, but the special thing is, it comes with the gun. A nice big replica of the gun from Hellsing. I haven't seen Hellsing, but I sure as hell will buy this if when I do decide to watch it.So yeah, good stuff. Junkie, you should order these...
I've seen Hellsing boxsets with the gun replicas on Ebay before.
those Cowboy Bebop Sets have been out for a while. THey were apparently limited releases. We have yet to see MI release it in a regular 6 Disc Gatefold.
So why is it so expensive if it's just a rip of the series and movie? is there like posters or anything inside?
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
I've seen Hellsing boxsets with the gun replicas on Ebay before.

That was the official Odex Limited Release, I saw them on ebay also, even with those guns and shipping, they were still cheaper than Pioneer's Hellsing boxset
Actually, that's not the Odex set. That's the Dynamic Media something or other set.
Thing is, the Hellsing set is official and reasonably priced.
And uh, WHY is the Bebop set so frickin expensive??