Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Review for fx Evangelion set
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I cant find a review for the fx Evangelion set does anybody know where I can find one? Or does anybody own this title, if so how is it?
run a search for evangelion+perfect in the arcticnighfall HK fourms and you'll find some threads on it
It really isn't an FX set that's how come I dont have a review up..Its some other company like Indian Video I think..not sure though could be wrong..
The only two HK companies that rip R1 sets without Chinese Subs are FX and Mac. This has to be an FX set, because of the box designs, such as the Barcode which is the same as all other FX boxes, the MS Fonts they use and other things. Plus, it came in a frosted sleve, something all FX sets come in.
Yes, kakomu thats exactly how my Evangelion set looks if only I could find a review.
Quote:Originally posted by kakomu
The only two HK companies that rip R1 sets without Chinese Subs are FX and Mac. This has to be an FX set, because of the box designs, such as the Barcode which is the same as all other FX boxes, the MS Fonts they use and other things. Plus, it came in a frosted sleve, something all FX sets come in.

Correction: Something all the NEW FX sets come in. My Ayashi no Ceres set didn't have a frosted case.
The AnC isn't really a new set.

The FX set has this cover:
http://www.sundevildvd.com/images/EVAPCTVM01.jpg
Quote:Originally posted by dvd_master
The AnC isn't really a new set. [/url]

That was my point, duh. The NEW FX releases have the frosted cases, the OLD ones do not. Kak said they all did, when they do not. AnC is an OLD release, not a NEW release, so it does NOT have the frosted case.

Read before you try and correct me ~_~
I have the TV/Movies and it is flawless, I noticed no problems whatsoever. I've only watched the dub however, and I heard there might be some sub timing problems on episodes 17-19, but I can't verify this.

Everything else is as perfect as HK gets.
Dunno about any R1 rips, but the set by Anime Cartoon is pretty good. Except for the directors cut episodes, they were so bad they were incomprehensible. Well, ok not as bad as a lot of HK sets can be, but the most complex episodes of the most complex anime need bettter subs to be understood.
The susb on 21-24 weren't that bad...at least I didn't notice it. If you want, use the subs I made for the episodes with DVDsubber.
Linkage?