Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Help with Lupin III
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I live in HK, and this site is a lifesaver. It has saved me from buying a LOT of bullshit I see at cheap anime places here.
But I have a little problem-
I'm planning on buying the Lupin III box, the first one, because that's the one with good subs.
But then there's two versions-the Mac and the MI.
They both look the same but on this site they said the Mac has better subs than the Manga International.
How do I differentiate between them??
Exact same boxart, no logo on them.
Anyway, is the Manga International version watchable? I read the reviews and they all vary.
And while we're talking about Lupin, um it's pretty clear that it isn't the prettiest show ever, but does the story make up for it?
Can you tell me from a non fan perspective? remember I live in hk so it's pretty much impossible to watch it on TV so your word is the only preview I can get.
Help me! I want to go buy this today!
The MAC boxes are about a half a centimeter smaller than the MI boxes.
That's the only way I can think of. Or somebody who has the box should post the bar codes so you can check.

Good luck!
I just finished the MI set earlier this week. The subs are pretty good for being hk originals. The animation is dated, but this is a classic and worth every penny. It's nice to be able to root for the bad guys once in a while. =) I can't fathom MAC doing anything else other than just ripping MI's set, but I suppose stranger thangs have happened.
The Lupin boxset is great! It is ripped directly from the new (well it isn't that new now) so the video and sound were remastered. The set like shibo said is worth every cent.
Have to agree with Shibo on this, I bought the MI set while back and I was impressed with the quality of subs on it. Absolutely no problems understanding anything at all. I've read a little bit of the manga, and season one is closer to the manga than Season 2 is although season 2 was a lot more popular. The only problem I had with the set was the music:eek: quite possibly some of the worst music I have ever heard:p

Definitely a must buy for this series
I'm with Shibo and the others on this one, and Legato.. music was really bad wasn't it?Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by Lonely_monkey21
music was really bad wasn't it?Big Grin

"Lupin is a nice man. But he gets angry sometimes. He smiles. Yeah Lupin, he's a real nice man."
Quote:Originally posted by Lonely_monkey21
I'm with Shibo and the others on this one, and Legato.. music was really bad wasn't it?Big Grin

Yes, I actually cringed the first time I heard the opening.
dont say that dudes! i love the lupin music! its like bob dylan took too much acid and they told him to write a song about lupin. genius! Big Grin
I love the opening theme.

The music in Lupin is awesome, don't be dissing it
I'm gonna agree with you guys, on the music...It kicks ass