Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Fist of the North Star show
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been looking into buying the Fist of the north star show.
I have seen some of it on showtime and i rented one of the r1 dvds by manga.
I was just wondering is the blood that comes from the exploding body parts supposed to be white.
I have the MI version of the movie and it is blood soaked.
Is this censorship or is that the way the show was.
Just asking.
Any help would be appreciated.
Does this happen in all the fighting scenes, it might be that thing where ken does some cool attack and the screen goes in a tint and all colors are all distorted but i dont remember the blood being white in the movie though but ill check and get come back with the answer.
Thanks
Im not asking about the movie though.
I have it and im pretty sure its not censored, since all the blood is red and gore is pretty clear.
Im asking about the tv series.
The blood appears white in the tv show, and im not sure if its supposed to be that way.
Hmmm how many episodes have you watched so far because only 36 episodes of Fist of the north star were released in the U.S. and they might have been censored alittle.
I think some of the blood was white at the beginning of the series to show some sort different inking and distortion when Ken hits his opponents. However, I don't remember the whole show being like that, but I saw it in raw japanese like 14 years ago so its been a while.
It was the way the show was made. Japan thought that it was a little "too much". They thought so much blood would turn alot of people off.
No, They didnt they just did that to make it seem all action packed and it only happens in those distorted scenes hah blood turning japanese people off thats a good one.
Quote:Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
Hmmm how many episodes have you watched so far because only 36 episodes of Fist of the north star were released in the U.S. and they might have been censored alittle.

I have seen all the us released episodes up till shin dies. I think that iis the whole first season.
I only ask because it seems strange that the show would be self-censored when the movie was a bloodbath. I've been poking around the net for a while on this but have not come up with any consise info. I even saw a site that said the movie was horribly censored. If the blood drenched movie was a censored version i would hate to see what is the uncut.
Also anybody seen the new ova.
The self censorship was a collaboration between artist Tetsuo Hara Buronson and Toei. Toei said: "Too bloody". So Hara offered a way to "fix" it and have it aired. Even today creators still censor thier works. Look at Berserk for instance. It came out in 97', and it had whole characters removed because of how violent they were, and it aired after 1:00 am. Japan isn't nearly as prudish as the United States, but they still have laws that govern what goes on.
Im planing on getting the new fotns ova right after I finish Berserk. Oh and this may be off topic but the fx Berserk perfect collection rules.
ah whats the point of fist of the north star without buckets of blood
It is still blood, it is just white. The show is very enjoyable. Just like the manga.Big Grin The OVA is going to be awesome. The screenshots that I have seen have me very excited.Smile
I do like the show but the blood just looks like something else.
Smile
Yuppers. The blood is white. Doesn't really matter though. Smile
It's Magic Blood.
Pages: 1 2