Import Anime Forums

Full Version: New Series To Be Included In Shonen Jump
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As many of you know, Sandland will be ending its run in Jump in the november issue of the Magazine.. December will feature a one time sneak peak at the Rurouni Kenshin Manga, which will be published in normal sized manga format and found in most book stores.. Starting in January in Shonen Jump, the winner is...

Hikaru No Go!

how cool is that? I'm psyched. I like Kenshin as much as the next guy but I've seen all the anime for that.. I know what some of you will say and I'm sure the manga is much better than the series, but I don't need to read it serialized for the next umpteen years, especially since I know most of the plot already. I'm sure HnG will be quite cool, especially since I haven't seen any of the anime yet. I'm excited!
I never found HnG to be my thing. I'm much more into action. Not to say that's it's not good or anything, just saying not my type, but it is fun to read if I'm just passing the time.
How'd you find out?
Stupid Viz... I haven't gotten any issues for a few months now... where's my boomstick.
I mentioned how HnG was licensed by Viz in this thread

http://www.import-anime.com/forums/showt...eadid=1528

I don't really care though, I don't collect Shonen Jump and I'm already getting HnG graphic novels in french. Its going to take Viz forever before they start releasing graphic novels in english. Its good news though, HnG is a great series and I hope it gets the recognition it deserves in North America.
Quote:Originally posted by dvd_master
How'd you find out?

It was in a press release. Here's a link to it.

http://www.animeondvd.com/news/pr.php?pr_view=13
Quote:Originally posted by matthewmalay
I mentioned how HnG was licensed by Viz in this thread

http://www.import-anime.com/forums/showt...eadid=1528

I don't really care though, I don't collect Shonen Jump and I'm already getting HnG graphic novels in french. Its going to take Viz forever before they start releasing graphic novels in english. Its good news though, HnG is a great series and I hope it gets the recognition it deserves in North America.

The only thing I hope for is that they don't turn it into something it isn't.Sad Please don't turn it into Pocket Monsters!:mad:
What, like giving all the go stones little faces and having them squeak when they're captured? I think it's a little too late for that to happen. Wink But if it helps Go get a little popularity in the US, so much the better.
I enjoy the anime, and have loved playing GO for many years now, something else I wouldn't have tried if it wasn't for anime, kind of like jumping on roofs of houses, making my girlfriend wear a japanese girl school uniform before I sacrifice her soul, concentrating all my ki before taking a test when I was in high school, ohh yeah and eating that mermaid flesh, definetly would not have done that if it wasn't for anime.
I knew HikaGo was licensed, just never bothered to read the press release.

I'm kinda dissapointed, since I've already read all of it, but then again, it's not like I read Sandland anyway.

Viz isn't the type to edit the manga, much less the anime. The fan uproar it would cause wouldn't be worth it. But left and right, I bet people are going to be "That's no how toriyamasworld translated it! The phrases were different from toriyamasworld!".

Well, I'm happy that it will be coming in S.J., so my friends who don't download manga off the internet can finally read this.
i would have much rather perfered that it was kenshin but hey i dig most manga so ill defenately read it
Quote:Originally posted by evilomar
I enjoy the anime, and have loved playing GO for many years now, something else I wouldn't have tried if it wasn't for anime, kind of like jumping on roofs of houses, making my girlfriend wear a japanese girl school uniform before I sacrifice her soul, concentrating all my ki before taking a test when I was in high school, ohh yeah and eating that mermaid flesh, definetly would not have done that if it wasn't for anime.

I hear by claim this kid, who's older than me. (not the first time I've called people around these parts kid.)

Anywho. Yeah, anygood thing about it being released in the U.S. is people will discover where that "stupid"* little game on yahoo came from.

*I don't think it's stupid, more of that I'm to stupid to play. I start up a game every now'nthen on my computer aginst the computer only to get wiped across the board, or me & the computer fill up the entire screen, then all of a sudden he captures like 13 of my stones. Yep, I suck...
Quote:Originally posted by Shibo
I like Kenshin as much as the next guy but I've seen all the anime for that.. I know what some of you will say and I'm sure the manga is much better than the series, but I don't need to read it serialized for the next umpteen years, especially since I know most of the plot already. I'm sure HnG will be quite cool, especially since I haven't seen any of the anime yet. I'm excited!

Regardless of if you have seen Kenshin or not, the last 100-some odd chapters are different than the anime, and are far superior. So no, you really don't know the storyline Tongue
Well regardless I don't want to wait till they get to that part of the storyline in the year 2011 to find out Wink