Import Anime Forums

Full Version: The best year for anime!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wasn't 1998-99 the best year for anime?

Trigun was released as an anime
Cowboy Bebop was released.
Berserk was released as an anime.
Nadesico was released.

That alone is a ton of GREAT anime!!!

What are some others that were released at this time????
I think these last years, 2002-2003 was the biggest anime boom that I've ever seen anyway. In that time as far as quality series go there's been Haibane Renme, .hack, Scryed, Gundam Seed, Onegai Teacher, Azumanga Daioh, Macross Zero, Witch Hunter Robin, Getbackers, Ai Yori Aoshi, Naruto, Scrapped Princess, Stellvia of the Universe, D.N.Angel, Last Exile, and probably more good stuff that I don't know about. I really haven't seen so many good titles coming out at the same time as now, it's really a big boom of anime and very difficult to keep on all the new stuff that's coming to us.

edit- Not to mention all the newer stuff that's been announced and may start being released this year as well, it's just too much haha.
l hear you bro, it can only get better
A few more excellent series that have been released this year:
GITS: SAC
Texhnolyze
Wandaba Style
Rumic Theater
Wolf's Rain
doh

Maison Ikkoku
Dragon Ball
Super Bestial Machine God Dancougar
Anmitsu Hime
Anybody know when Geo Armor Kenshin CORPS was released? I have it and it's awsome and all, but I can't seem to find a copyright date.
Best year for anime..
that's just impossible to say,
now there are WAY too many quality series coming out,
its HARD to find a bad one!

Quote:Originally posted by SurferX
I think these last years, 2002-2003 was the biggest anime boom that I've ever seen anyway. In that time as far as quality series go there's been Haibane Renme, .hack, Scryed, Gundam Seed, Onegai Teacher, Azumanga Daioh, Macross Zero, Witch Hunter Robin, Getbackers, Ai Yori Aoshi, Naruto, Scrapped Princess, Stellvia of the Universe, D.N.Angel, Last Exile, and probably more good stuff that I don't know about. I really haven't seen so many good titles coming out at the same time as now, it's really a big boom of anime and very difficult to keep on all the new stuff that's coming to us.

edit- Not to mention all the newer stuff that's been announced and may start being released this year as well, it's just too much haha.
Pretty much every year has its ups and downs, really hard to decide....Last Exile rocks though....Big Grin
Berserk was released in 97

I can't say that I have a favorite anime release year. My favorites are from 3 different time Periods.

Dragon Ball - 1985-1989
Dragon Ball Z - 1989-1995
Tenchi Muyo OVA - 1992
Trigun - 1998

fairly obvious that it's gonna be hard to make a choice as to when the best year for anime is. While there are some animes coming out with really nice art, it seems more often than not, the stories are more or less "been there, done that". Nothing of the same calibur as some of the favorites, and the classics. I doubt anything soon will have the same intensity as Berserk, or the same balance of humor and action as Trigun. I'm just worried that anime will be over-produced and studios will eventually just churn out anime for the sake of doing so (and making money).
I honestly have to say 2003 would have to be the best year for (my favourite) anime/manga.
Please Save My Earth's manga is licensed, and the first volume is coming September, Di Gi Charat's anime/manga was licensed, Super GALS! Kotobuki Ran is coming soon, Wild Arms is being released, Sailor Moon/Sailor Moon R are being released, the god awful dub of Digimon Frontier is ending shortly, so many great things. Oh so many great things.
I really can't decide on one year, but If I had to, I would pick 1986.
Quote:Originally posted by Fairymon
I honestly have to say 2003 would have to be the best year for (my favourite) anime/manga.
Please Save My Earth's manga is licensed, and the first volume is coming September.

Holy shit really?I have been waiting for this manga for a long time now, ever since I imported the OAVs. Oh yeah, I do have to agree with the previous post that every year has its ups and downs, but I am particularly fond of 1984.
Summer '84 for all you pioneers...
summer '84 thats when i was born! im not quite sure about my favorite year but its definately this year or last cause i aint fussed how everything looks so obviously computer done. i definately agree that '98 was a great year!