Import Anime Forums

Full Version: How to make friends
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okies, I just moved to a new town, and I need some advice on how to meet new people. I'm a really shy person until someone talks to me. They almost always have to talk to me first, or I'll just walk away. I've already been followed by a car full of guys, and some guy in Wal-Mart. It's weird as hell being the new kid again, but i'm used to it now. I was 7 the last time I moved though, so my ppl skills really need some work. Any advice is welcome(translation:please help)
Depends on wat kind of friends you want.

If you want an Otaku, go around humming the theme/ending theme song to a well know series, that one got me Ben for a friend.

If you want a friend like David, go around naked. That one never got me any friends, when most people spoted my underwaear they ran Sad :confused: .

Check the net, you might be able to find a few e-mail adresses of people from around there that are your age, & befriends them on-line before living there 24/7.
How did I know you'd be the first to reply?Big Grin
Because you're about as black listed as I am. IF it would fit I'd change my title to Battousai The Thread Slayer. In other words you're probably gonna be ignored by quite a few people around these parts.
just be positive and since you are a girl it shouldn't be that hard to make friends especially if you're pretty which i don't know if you are or not. i usually meet a lot of people because i'm a sarcastic yet witty motherfucker, plus i'm very goodlooking. the end. the force is with you.
I really try not to judge myself to much anymore, but if you count me being followed in my car by four guys in another car for about 10 min. Then yeah sure I'm pretty.It was weird but at the same time kinda kewl, they weren't really bad lookin at all anyways. I'll get a pic of me up in here sometime. I've cut my hair and made really low maintenence, so i basically sleep and go.
I really don't know if there is a set method to making friends but if you have any self respect I hope you never use the fact that you're pretty to make people your friend. I have pretty friends but not because they are pretty. So whether you are man or woman, nobody should whore themselves out in anyway. Just be yourself and you will make the right friends.
Don't kill their kitten. Big Grin
Here it is better if you can start a conversation. Plus still being in school helps. Other wise your friends may come from places unknown. Like my latest friend is the Dental Tech who cleaned my teeth... That is friendship on a whole new level...
Quote:Originally posted by Steve_the_Talking_Pie
Don't kill their kitten. Big Grin

I didn't plan on it. I like cats, and ducksWink Big Grin
I've moved 4 times in the past 3 years (no, those numbers are correct). I moved between Sophomore and junior year, Junior and Senior year, I moved to a new house across the city before college, and then I moved into my college dorm. While I was still in grade-school, the way I made friends was to make myself noticed. I was a pretty shy kid in Middle school and eventually found a niche in high school. For my Junior year, I had long curly hair, the likes most of the prep kids there had never seen. I wore old school Skater and Raver pants with regular Tees. So i was a bit different from the polo shirt, Abercrombie Tommy kids of there.

The first thing you need to do on the path to make friends is to have people notice you. Whether it's by coming up to people and saying hello, or having your own special niche is up to you, but just blending into your surroundings will get you no where.

However, nowadays, I'm fed up with trying to make new friends (I've made and broke 3 whole sets of friends already and most of the people I meet anymore are assholes)., so I doubt I can be of much use anymore. I seem to have changed into a lot more softspoken and shyer than I used to be in Person.
well i am not the most known in my area but iknow it helps to be a jock Cool it always works for me
She's very likely to join the softball team if they have one, if that counts as being a jock.
this might sound just a little corny but "be yourself"
Quote:Originally posted by sanosuke
this might sound just a little corny but "be yourself"

You're right. It did sound corny. Rolleyes
Pages: 1 2