Import Anime Forums

Full Version: animegod's self-reviews...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeah, um, so is it just me missing something or are all of animegod.com's reviews excellent/excellent/excellent's? Despite what the actual quality of the set may be they seem to put down the same thing for every item's video/audio/subs. Like, I realize they are trying to move as much product as possible, but why even include the ratings if you're not going to use them properly... unless... you were trying to decieve someone!!! Hehe. Smile Sure is a good thing we have the good folks around here pumpin' out reviews night and day. Perhaps I've not seen the more realistic reviews if they do have some. I just know that the subs on the MAC 5-disc'er Love Hina set are not "excellent.," (not on disc 3 anyway). Not like I pay attention to animegod for my reviews anyways. Smile
that totally sucks dude! just thank good that we got good old honest JJ running our site Big Grin. i know he doesnt write the reviews but he stops people from writing shit ones and he wouldnt lie about stuff like that
I bet the subs are perfectly understandable to them. :eek:
They might. Like many people have said before, my gammar is normally a bunch of engrish, filled with misspells, & bad structure, & I guess after reading my own junk for so long I learned to understand engrish better, so now most subs make sense to me. Now if only I weren't such a slow learner.
Yeah, to be honest I would much rather have engrish in the subs than bad mis-timing errors. Nothing kills a series worse than trying to read a sub, watch non-matching actions on screen, and remember what was said so you can apply it later on. Ick. That's just me though. Maybe it's because my grandma is japanese and speaks a little pigeoney as it is, (naw she's great). Smile Hehe, anyway I doubt that innocent newbies are getting hurt by animegod's faulty ratings, seeing as it's such a chore to get items from them anyway. By the by, this is off-topic, but is the FX Hellsing really all that and a bag of chips? I just ordered a copy and have high hopes. I have a hard time believing that the dub could be better than the japanese dialogue, but whateva. Smile
Quote:Originally posted by six_plus_one
By the by, this is off-topic, but is the FX Hellsing really all that and a bag of chips? I just ordered a copy and have high hopes. I have a hard time believing that the dub could be better than the japanese dialogue, but whateva. Smile

That is by far, the best HK DVD that I have ever ordered. I didn't have any problems with it, and yes, the English Dub is very good. I find it more enjoyable to watch the Dub over the Sub, but both ways are good when it comes to Hellsing. Wink
Yeehaw! That-a make-um me very happy-um. Smile Yeah I noticed that there were several ecstatic reviews for the thing after I had already placed my order for the MAC set on this site, (ah well) so I figure my friend will be recieving a MAC Hellsing for Xmas, hehe. Yeah, but despite the lack of accurate ratings I do have to congratulate animegod for apparently offering their sets at lower prices than say FX or MI. Either that, or the good dudes on this site are probably lucky to break-even every month and deserve many hearty pats on their giant collective back. Rock on, Dudes. Smile