Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Question Re: Macross Zero Vol.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, a newbie here, I was just wondering if anyone here has had any problems with the video on the Macross Zero Vol. 2 DVD. I'm just curious if it's just my copy that's exhibiting a not so great transfer....ie. during any action/fast moving scenes, the video doesn't hold up. Thanks for your help!
Don't kbow how the HK Macross Zero DVDs are but I would suggest getting the fansubs out there, excellent video quality, they even got 5.1 AC3 audio, plus the subs will be better. The HKs are 1 ep a DVD, not the greatest deal out there
You're not alone Hwarang. My copy does excatly the same thing. In still scenes it's fine, but as soon as there is the slightest movement it's flicker 'o' vision.

In a word, nasty.

:mad:
My friend had that problem on his PS2 and one of his DVD players. I watched the same disc just fine. I think some DVD players, especially PS2s can't really keep up with the frame rate on the disc. Try watching it on a different DVD player.
Was that the same exact disc, or another copy of the same release?

What kind of DVD player do you have?
Probably be a better idea just to wait until Zero completes it's 5 episode run. Someone else will likely come out with a better version and you'll only have to buy one disc instead of 5.
haha, prepare to wait a while then cause they are at the 2nd episode and they are releasing one episode every six months so by my guess the series will be done by late 2004/early 2005
They seem to be doing kind of the same release schedule that Macross Plus had. The 3rd episode is scheduled for fall, so by that time next year is probably when all 5 will be done. It is going to be awhile, but getting the DVD's now or later we still can't finish it so may as well get them later when it's actually done. I will probably get the R1 release of it though when it actually comes out unless the HK's come with the DD 5.1 audio track.
Quote:I will probably get the R1 release of it though when it actually comes out
IFthe R1's ever come out that it is. At the moment Big West, the supposed 'creators' of Macross are in a big legal furball with Tatsunoko Productions who produced the original TV Series and sold off the rights to the TV Series to Harmony Gold.

HG now believes that it not only has rights to the original Macross but also to ALL Macross derivatives and as such have yet to prove that they do, since apparently Tatsunonko sold them rights that they themselves didn't have to start with.

The whole legal mess plus HG's willingness to block any future North American Macross release, means that an R1 Mac Zero is either an uncertainty or a very far off reality.

In short, the whole situation sucks :mad: