Import Anime Forums

Full Version: problems with newtype magazine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sad I have been having problems with my Newtype subsription. I've emailed them about 6-7 times about it and even called them at there 800 number but they really dont seem to care. Ive though about disputing the bill with my credit card company but though that to be a nasty thing to do . Besides I like the magazine , and Im hoping to get this resolved in a fair and reasonable manner-I think partly the problem is that 4th class mailing system they use- the magazine cost me 85 bucks a year and it comes beat up ( when it comes at all ) Im open to suggestions, but I am getting tired of dealing with their un-carring attitude, also When I ordered the magazine I was sopose to get a T-shirt that never came . At this point I dont care as much about the T-shirt because I wouldnt promote somthing as poorly run as this- but my son wants it. puzzleguy Cool
buy from the newstand, its abit more expensive, but you get it on time and in good condition... paying 3 dollars more a month for the mag is a small price to pay for peace of mind.
The fact that it's comming beat up sounds more like a postal problem to me.
I've got a friend that works at Blockbuster and he gives me a copy every month on the sly. Great magazine! I'd suggest calling Newtype and trying to get someone on the phone. If they don't satisfy you with their shipping methods then buy on the newsstand.
Definitely go newstand. You get it on time...everytime.Wink
i buy mine in my local comic shop every month but i get it a week late and i gotta pay £7 (about $11.50), personally im just happy i get it! Big Grin
everythings well and fine-- newtype finally got back to me and sent out a replacement for july and augusts came just a few days ago. thanks to all for your encouraging words Big Grin

puzzleguySmile
Quote:Originally posted by puzzleguy
Sad I have been having problems with my Newtype subsription. I've emailed them about 6-7 times about it and even called them at there 800 number but they really dont seem to care. Ive though about disputing the bill with my credit card company but though that to be a nasty thing to do . Besides I like the magazine , and Im hoping to get this resolved in a fair and reasonable manner-I think partly the problem is that 4th class mailing system they use- the magazine cost me 85 bucks a year and it comes beat up ( when it comes at all ) Im open to suggestions, but I am getting tired of dealing with their un-carring attitude, also When I ordered the magazine I was sopose to get a T-shirt that never came . At this point I dont care as much about the T-shirt because I wouldnt promote somthing as poorly run as this- but my son wants it. puzzleguy Cool

I just wanted to thank you all for your suggestions: I sent a few more emails and got a hold of someone who was in charge and they straightened the whole thing out- they got me my back issue, and even sent the T shirt-- nice guys-All of your encouragement helped me deal with this-- again I appreciate all the support i got from all of you - thanks ! Smile Puzzleguy