Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Ugh. It had to happen sometime
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Man.. After a year of buying at least one anime title every single week I guess I finally need to call it quits to buying for a few months to let my skyscrapers shrink a little. I think buying anime is my favorite hobby, while watching it comes in at a distant number two. Wink I bought Macross box on ebay on wednesday and ordered the 3 Urusei Yatsura boxes from Animeigo on fri.. That will have to be enough till September at least, methinks. =P A year ago my anime DVD collection consisted of Lodoss, Ninja Scroll, the Tenchi OVA, a couple of CCS discs, KOR, and lots of Pokemon. What a difference a year makes! Now that I have everything I'd ever wanted anime-wise..I want new stuff instead. So I'm counting on all of you to buy lots of stuff over the next few month. I'll live vicariously through the irresponsibility of others instead. But come september, watch out! Wink (not that I'll be going anywhere forum-wise. I'll still be around and all that. But it's been a while since I made a new topic, hehe)
I used to be like you. And it was terrible because it was back when I only bought R1s Sad I would have to buy anime. Needed new shows. If they didn't ahve what I wanted, I bought something else.
But then, for some reason, I just stopped. Don't know why are how. Just stopped. Then I got back into anime with HK DVDs and have been responsible with it. I actually have money in my bank account, money to buy cigerettes, money to buy others, etc.
I noticed though, that after that whole anime scene, I never really bought anything for myself anymore except cigerettes. I always spent all my money on others. Go figure Tongue
I haven't bought anime in a couple months. I need to watch all this stuff that I have. Granted it is no where near what Shibo has to watch.Wink
I haven't brought anime (R1 or HK) in a year or more I think, unless you count me telling my grandma which set I wanted for X-Mas. The only R1 I ever bought, er well I supposed to pay my dad back for it was way back when I had another account on this forum. I believe it was while I was waiting for my HK Vampire Hunter D: BL to come in, & I was getting impaisionitna lgs ga I can't spell, sorry, anyways my bad buying habbits are going to have a stop put to them as soon as someone can help me decided what to get. No one likes to answer my questions, I guess because I don't really ever listen, but I like to hear suggestions.

Situwation of Mine:

For those of you who haven't read I can get up to 15 or 16 Disc, I'm thinking about going with Kenshin 10 disc, & atleast one of the movies (the one about his past), then I was thinking about getting maybe a 1 disc love story, because I haven't seen one, but I read manga like that alot, so I thought I migght as well try one.

So, so far, that means I have 3-4 maybe, 5 disc if I don't get sometype of love story, to choose what to get, I think the guys around herewant the DBZ movies, but I wanted to ask you guys. Plus I'm aiming for complete series (in other words I don't want to have to oder half now & the other half later) or movie, and I'd prefer a dub, but sub will do. Which reminds me I was thiknig about the X seires 4 disc thing, but I don't know.

Oh, & sorry to use your post like this Shibo, but with it being yours I doubt many people will ignore it, & maybe can get some people to answer.
Shibo, I'm turning into you. I'm like 'I have to have this'.

It's all Rightstuf's fault. I thought I had everything I wanted and then they go and run this Animeigo special. So I have 15 UY discs sitting there now. And now they run a Nadesico bundle. And JJ drops his prices to $7 a disc. And then another site has certain titles at a mad discount. How can I pass all these great deals up??? Unlike you though, I'm not that far behind. But still, I can't stop buying.
I'm watching stuff from last year. It's pretty bad, but think, if you're ever in a snow storm, you won't be screwed for new stuff to watch.

Shibo, take another pic. I'd like to see those towers getting close to tipping over. :p
Lol, I'm about to buy FX Kenshin and Ranma and I still have all of Macross 7, MI, Sorcerer Hunters, Lain, Strawberry Eggs and Fushigi Yugi to watch. Sometimes watching my shelf grow fatter is more entertaining than watching the anime.

That scares me. o_O
I too am gonna slow down buying anime DVDs. I'll just rent them, don't usually watch a series more than once or twice anyways. Wanna get more manga and upgrade my computer soon. Of course there are some MAC R1 rips I'm interested in right now
I do the same thing...but it seems like I have more of a problem with videogames. I still have tons of videogames that I have not played yet, but I still want more. It's strange, I'm more excited about trying to get them then actually playing them...oh well, I'm weird like that. Cool

About anime, I usually only let about 2 series pile up, because of a current game that I am trying to finish...lol.
Ok, Pie. I'll post some new skyscraper/anime collection shots tomorrow when the lighting gets better. My watched stuff has filled my original bookshelf and is now moving into a smaller shelf. My skyscrapers.. well, they're living up to their name, heh.
I totally understand where Shibo is coming from.
The rush of getting a really good deal or getting something that's hard to find or just finishing a set can be hard to match. Along with anime, I also have problems with toys, comic books, and weird foods from the Asian Mart (ooh look... here's something I haven't tried yet...).

In a way, the internet has made this addiction an easier thing to feed because there are incredible deals on just about everything your heart desires. Without HK DVDs I would probably have less than a 10th of the collection that I have because I couldn't bring myself to pay for the R1 sets of some of those great shows (I love Cowboy Bebop but can't imagine spending $200 or more for the series).

Shibo, thank you for your generous support of the HK anime community. I look forward to your reviews of the titles when you actually watch some of what you've purchased. I hope your wallet enjoys the break for the next few months.
Quote:Originally posted by Zagatto
I totally understand where Shibo is coming from.
The rush of getting a really good deal or getting something that's hard to find or just finishing a set can be hard to match. Along with anime, I also have problems with toys, comic books, and weird foods from the Asian Mart (ooh look... here's something I haven't tried yet...).

I thought I was the only person like that. I used to have the same problem when I collected football cards and then comics. I hate to have something that's not 'complete'.
i wish i could be like shibo, but i dont have any money.
I have exactly the same problem, and its gotten about 1000 times worse since I got my cable modem. Now I have piles of waiting-to-be-watched DVDs, in addition to gigs and gigs of unwatched digisubs. And to top it all off, I'm developing a serious manga addiction.

Gah! There should be a 12 step program for this. :p
Quote:Originally posted by kamykami

Gah! There should be a 12 step program for this. :p [/B]

There is.

Step 1: Send all your money to Vicious. Without the money, you cna't waste it on Manga and such. Then Vicous goes gambling with your money and helps you make a profit. (although there's always that chance of losing it all)
Pages: 1 2