Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Getting a mp3 cd player in my car !!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Life is once again......good.
I bought one about a year ago. I love it totally. i got the Kenwood MPV619. Big Grin
I have to work on getting my own vehicle before I worry about getting the elusive mp3 player.Big Grin Big Grin Sad
How is the sound quality? MP3s are notorious for lower quality sound as opposed to other file types. Does it depend on where you get them like internet or converted from CD? Can you still play CDs? I'm considering this option for my car too, but haven't researched it thoroughly yet.
the quality is decent enough, you wouldnt really noticed unless your toally anal. and yes they play normal cds too. gotta get me a car too, then the mp3 cd player shall come!
I notice it under 2 conditions: THe mp3 is a low bitrate or is encoded terribly. Anyways, when I download mp3s, I get them at 192 Kbps or the highest available if 192 isn't there. Then there's also a massive amount of mp3s I rip myself from my own CDs. So, I make sure they all sound good before I put them on my playlist or CD for my car. Also, yes, it does play regular CDs. Don't get Aiwa or Jensen decks, they suck. Kenwood could be consider a lesser brand than something like Pioneer and the like, but I've been pretty happy with my Deck. Also, don't get Sony, they cost too much, delievr too little and many people hav ebeen very unhappy with them. Which reminds me, I have a regular Pioneer CD Deck that came from my car. Anybody want to buy it from me? Big Grin (Ill get the specifics if anyone feigns interest).
yeah, it still plays mp3s. I usually try to d/l very high quality sets so it sounds good in my car. Yeah, i had the thing for 8 months but finally got it installed like a week ago.
what Brand/Model, what car and why didn't you do it yourself?
I used to have a pimp system in my old car until the car got stolen. I worked at Circuit City, so I payed like $3000 for a system that was retail like $5500. I had the best crap alpine made and the highest quality wires and everything.

As far as MP3 sound quality. I've read that it does suffer compared to the originals, particularly in the lower bass range. But you'll never really notice it unless you have a really high quality system that can bring out those flaws.
mp3 will if you encode at lower bitrates. At 192, you've basically got Archivical rates. And actually Bass is easier to encode than higher end. At 64 Kbps, you can maintain significant bass tone, signals and notes. At 64 Kbps you will hear everything in the higher end sound like shit.
It might be easier to encode, but I believe it takes up more space and that's why that is the part that suffers the most. I'm just telling you guys what I read in my Car Audio and Electronics magazine back when I was into all that stuff.
it's a kenwood something.....i was just too damn lazy to install it unless it was for free. No, my system isn't that badass but it's better than listening to the wind. We listen to a lot of hybrid, adam freeland, armin van buuren, tiesto, and stuff so we're good.
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
It might be easier to encode, but I believe it takes up more space and that's why that is the part that suffers the most. I'm just telling you guys what I read in my Car Audio and Electronics magazine back when I was into all that stuff.

A lot of space compared to what? Regular audio CDs are only 80 minutes long at most (and usually not the entire 80 minutes). Depending on the bitrate, you can have about 10 hours (192) to about 16 hours (128). So either way, mp3 is a better bet. Now if I could get a in-dash OGG player...