Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Kenshin Perfect Collection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Mac series part # ones don't have agood rateing, anyone know about the Perfect Collection. I assume if the 3 4 disc sets don't have avery good rating the 10 disc sucks, but I was wanting know if there was a chance it might be good.

Wait, is it rip of the two Fx Perfect Collections?
yes its the rip of the FX version.. its been said a multiple times... why would they call it perfect collection...
go for it batz! kenshin restored my faith in anime when it was almost completely gone
Quote:Originally posted by JunkieJoe
yes its the rip of the FX version.. its been said a multiple times... why would they call it perfect collection...

Sorry, I haven't really spend ANY time at all in AD. I figured it was the Fx rip because the other Mac releases had no dub, & I put two & two together.

I'm probably going to get it, & maybe the movie when I get my money from my grandpa.

As for the movie, who, what, when, where, which or what?

In other words Samurai X, or OVA, or what, or are they the same, I know Samurai X is the english name for one of them.
dont bother with the movie, it isnt worth anyones money and it isnt really relevent to the series in the "end of evangelion" type of way.

there are two ovas, one is set before the entire series begins and tells the origin of our main charater. this is called trust & betrayal in the usa and memory in japan. the other ova, which is called reflections in the usa, is a final conclusion to the entire tv series and shouldnt be watched until you see the all 3 seasons of the the kenshin tv series. its called seisouhen in japan. the movie goes by the name meiji kenkaku romantan or samurai x the motion picture.

trust and betrayal is a very good and certainly worth buying if you like the tv, although its a lot more serious and almost completely different. reflections is really depressing and not great but youre gonna have to buy it to see how the series concludes. and well the movie just sucks but youre gonna end up buying it after you got everything else like me.

btw, the first two tv series are the best kenshin youll get by a long shot!
I've planed on getting the move about Kenshin's past before I even decided to get the show. Ok, so is:

Mac
Rurouin Kenshin Perfect Collection- 10 disc eps 1-94
Samurai X
Rurouin Kenshin- Seisouhen OVA

AS
Meiji Kenkaku Romanta

All of it, or what would I be lacking, because I'm trying to get all of it in one order.
I spent a little while writinganoter post, but I screwed it up, so here's what I came to. I can get 14-17 disc. I'm getting Kenshin 10 disc, so that's -10 disc, which means I can get 4-7 (probaby 4, maybe 5)
I'll prebably get the movie about Kenshin when he was the man slayer, & I'll have to ask the guys around here (they'll probably want something like the DBZ movies), but does anyone here a suggestion of another Perfect Collection, besides Outlaw Star, & Cowboy Bebop (& I have Trigun subbed, which we all agreed after watching it subbed it's a slight pain to listen to the dub). I'm looking for (Mac) Perfect Collections mainly because they're on this site, & they have dub, which I like to have as an option. (And to all the One Piece fans, I may consider getting it subbed, ONE DAY, but I'd much rather have adub, because as it is, I don't blink enough during the day so my eyes are always sore, & that combined with being up all night & reading in the dark so that I don't disturb my sleeping family, just hurts like hell, & we don't have any more pain killers.) Sorry for running on in the AD section.
is it really true that in this mac perfect collection almost half of the subtitles doesn´t appear in the screen?? (did they do a bad fx rip???)
Three simple questions:

A) Where did you hear that?

B) Do you know what the video is like?
&
C) Art thou a vile beast who think ye shall beat me to posting a review?
(Ok that last one didn't really make sense.)

I don't know the answer to your question just yet, but I shall be enlightened in about three weeks. And I pray subs are the only problem, if they even are a problem.
well i didnt hear this in any place , but sometimes mac sets have this subtitle problem but i hope this isnt a case of that...
dude most mac perfect collection have a few subs missing but its like 2-3 per episode and its better than some dodgy chinese bloke who cant speak english or japanese attempting to make sense of a cartoon that involves strange things going up a young girls ass.

shouldnt be that bad then...
Quote:Originally posted by sanosuke
a cartoon that involves strange things going up a young girls ass

Who, What, When, Where? Big Grin
Ummmm......shall I even ask???:eek:
You could, but you probably wouldn't like the answer. Or maybe you would, you're weird enough.