Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Where are all the females??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I was looking at JJ's Demographics Thread and realized only two females have posted, Myself and Kamykami. What's with the lack of female interest in Anime?

Hopefully, films like "Spirited Away", "Kiki's Delivery Service" and "Castle in the Sky" will raise awareness that Anime is not just all Mech, or Blood and Gore. Cool
heh whats wrong with gore, mechs and hentai ;p females should like it too Tongue
It's the sad truth that anime seems to be more of a guy thing. I think there is a lack of awareness in the general public as far as anime goes. Likewise, it's like comicbooks (usually they are sold in the same store, my favorite comicbook store has a huge anime section). When you think of a comicbook reader you think of a dorky male with nothing better to do. I really don't even know what I'm writing. I've been playing DDR for 2 1/2 hours in a hot house with no AC/fans. I'm ready to pass out.
Quote:Originally posted by Steve_the_Talking_Pie
It's the sad truth that anime seems to be more of a guy thing. I think there is a lack of awareness in the general public as far as anime goes. Likewise, it's like comicbooks (usually they are sold in the same store, my favorite comicbook store has a huge anime section). When you think of a comicbook reader you think of a dorky male with nothing better to do. I really don't even know what I'm writing. I've been playing DDR for 2 1/2 hours in a hot house with no AC/fans. I'm ready to pass out.

Poor Steve. Like I was saying, Disney's release of "Spirited Away" may help raise awarness. Granted, there are not many females out there who would willing admit that they watch Hentai. Watching anime is still considered to be the sport of Dorks in most of America.
Then so be it, I am a dork....I'm a cute dork though!
I Love anime, and I occasionally post on the anime part of the forum. But I haven't been home in a week or so, that's all. But I'm here almost everyday form now on. I personally love the gore, and hentai(but not so much) I really don't like sappy love stories, or "Kiki's delivery service" all that much.
Hey Steve, what kind of pad do you use for DDR?
Females just... never show up.Rolleyes
Back when I first came to this forum (back when I didn't post, & had 3 accounts) I think they blamed it on the fact that alot of the threads contained hentai talk, or hinted towards masterbation.
in my experience more girls say they like anime but i have yet to meet one that knows anywhere near as much as me about it. and i dont really know much about it compared to some people floating around here (but they are probably all guys)
Reminds me of what someone told me of the anime club over at my college. When they went, he said that it was full of mutants a handful (1 or 2) normal guys and possibly 1 or 2 girls. And all the mutants would crowd the girls.

here's a link of what I'm guessing how the mutants think (warning, click only if by yourself or if no one cares about content).

http://www.stilesux.com/sux15.html

Anyways, anime is a geek thing. I'm sure most girls wouldn't want a geek label (I try to make sure I have a nerd-only label, and never venture into geek-territory).
Granted, the only reason I am into anime the way I am is because of my better half. He's encouraged me to watch with him, and just like that, I was hooked. I even found out about this site through him. I have him to thank for my anime addiction. Big Grin
A female presence is always a good thing when there's an over-saturation of males. Plus I find all too many Anime Mutants also like to Ego Masturbate all over the place and squirt Ego fluid all over the place (for instance, trying to explain the Pribnow Box).

Sorry if that description was a little too graphic Big Grin
I've watched Anime since I was like 7, and as for my titles, I don't like to be called a geek, computer geek sure, & nerd is cool. But I normally tell people I'm a nerd now, but I'm aiming for trailer park trash before I die.
So, these Mutants, as you call them, are the epitome of the geeks that give anime a bad rap and scare all the females off, huh? Good thing I don't scare easily. And Lonely Monkey, I was just saying a lot of girls don't like the Hentai (or at least don't admit it). Personally, I enjoy it. Big Grin
It's all stereotyping. I am in a computer class. A lot of people have unusual personalities and they think I'm just the same as everybody else. It's an unfair part of life.
Pages: 1 2 3 4