Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Action v.s. Adventure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Now I it's best when they're combined, but which do you people think is better.

Action- There's no great amounts of information to be taken in, but lots of bulits, & punches fly.
or
Adventure- No real fighting, maybe some here or there. And lots of learning of other worlds.
I guess i am different but i can strickly say Action or Adventure because alot of it lies in the Story behind it.. There are action stuff that sucks and some that are good.. And same goes with Adventure..
Overall, I like action better. All my favorites, Bebop, Lupin, Ranma, and Kenshin, would count as action I believe.
Actually, I perfer Adventure. Call me the intellectual one on this one, but I like learning of new worlds and all the intricate details that go with it. But it all comes down to the story and the characters.
I really like a good adventure flick. I'm really looking forward to the movie "The Last Samurai". It looks like it is going to be a great adventure movie. I really like any kind of movie/book/TV show that is well done. If it has a great story with great characters I'll be there.Smile
Vicious are you sure you can call Kenshin Action... yea it has lot's of Action scenes but it is packed with information that takes 2 to 3 episodes to hammer out before you get to some great fight scenes. I think DBZ is a better version of an Action series... There is some info but That is just to supplment the fight scenes. (DB on the other hand is Adventure...)

Personally I love Fantasy stories... Magic Knights Rayearth and Slayers. Packed full of engrossing detail about the world you are watching and then when there is a battle it crisp and to the point...
True, but it still contains action elements in it and without those elements, it would've quickly bored me and gotten on my nerves.
i think its best if theres a bit of both, and im not exactly sure if bebop is action or not, although it does have its action moments
Right now, I would probably say Action. I am pretty bored with anime, and the last thing I need is a really freakin long anime. However, something short with a lot of punch is really cool right now (as in, Iria, Mezzo Forte etc).
Yeah, anyone know a good show up there with Trigun. You know something with traveling, & fast paced action that's about 3-5 disc or so long (besides Cowboy Bebop, or Outlaw Star)?

I'm planning on putting in up to a 7 disc order, maybe 8 if I go do some chours.
I was looking for something with dub.
kenshin dude! well if you havent seen it, otherwise i recommend one piece, escaflowne and ranma. although im not sure if these are exactly what your looking for
It's there like a 10 disc Kenshin thing, if that's what it was & it's good I might get it. Other than that, I was considering Ranma 1/2 because I can get up to sesson 3. I have Escaflowne, & as for One Piece isn't it sub only? I'm looking for dubs because I can only watch at like 11-3 in the morning & the subs hurt my eyes at that time.
yea the kenshin tv series, its like 94 episodes or something, even get the first 2 seasons if you can only afford that much. ranma is pretty cool too but kenshin is alot better.
oh yea, one piece is sub only, but its worth the eye-pain!
Pages: 1 2