Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Need Suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
one thing you people must rmemeber is she's buying R1s & probably at the most may be able to get 2 or 3 disc at the moment, anyone have a suggewstion of a shorter series, or maybe movies. (I get the feeling she's not going to agree with me on this one)
Which I think she should just buy HK & be happy, but her mom is really paranoid
Thanx, but she knows nothign about Anime. I doubt she knows what it is, or where it comes from. I think it will be okay i the end. I just have to get a job now.... 8O :? 8O
R1 is basicly what you'll find in the store around here, they're about 15-20 or so per disc I think. HK (Hong Kong) can be found for 9-11 per disc, with 6 dollars shiping.
Plus R1s have like 3 episodes per disc HK may have 5 or so.
Lain is pretty tedious, and isn't for everyone, neither is Evangelion, considering how pretentiously overbearing it is.

The movies that got me into Anime were Things like Appleseed, Black magic M66, patlabor Movies, Akira and Ninja Scroll. Dragon Ball Z really got me interested, and evangelion was what I watched immediately afterwards. Cowboy Bebop is a great fun to watch, and is easily digestable in large Binges considering that the story isn't entirely continuous. Other animes of high stature indlude Tenchi Muyo (also in conjunction with the 3 movies and the TV show Tenchi Universe), Gundam (I liked W plus Z, 8th MS, V, X and Turn-A are all supposedly good series as well), Noir (lipstick lesbians, plus inplausible assassination stylee makes this somewhat frustrating but altogether decent) and Full Metal Panic.
I suppose I should put my two cents in, eh? =) Well, first of all, I'd recommend Maison Ikkoku, the supreme romance anime of all time. Ad how about Card Captor Sakura? Soooo cute! =) Really good story too, and surprisingly deep for a magical girl show. And it makes happy feelings while you watch it, which is always nice. =) And of course I'll throw in Rurouni Kenshin if you prefer a guy show with a good plot to the romance and magical girl shows that I prefer. Wink
If she's buying R1's, Bebop is only 6 discs. I still highly recommend that. She can always buy the Lupin movies also, since they're all self contained on one disc. Something like Kenshin might not be where she wants to start since it's 22 discs long, even though the last 8 discs aren't worth purchasing.
Ummm... this is all great, but about Gundam... I'm not really crazy about the big robot thing. Escaflowne was good, but Gundam really isn't my thing. All the series are basically the same plot. (or so i'm told) I don't know tho, I'll have to see what I can find. Big Grin
If she doesn't spend her money on a skateboard Confusedweatdrop: Confusedweatdrop: Confusedweatdrop: Confusedweatdrop: Confusedweatdrop: Confusedweatdrop: Confusedweatdrop: Confusedweatdrop: Confusedweatdrop: Confusedweatdrop: Confusedweatdrop: Confusedweatdrop: Confusedweatdrop: Confusedweatdrop: Confusedweatdrop: Confusedweatdrop: Confusedweatdrop: Confusedweatdrop:
I will get that damn skateboard if it takes me all summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Pages: 1 2