Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Worst anime genre
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Your oppinion of the crappiest kind of anime
I'm probably going to get burned for this, but in all but a few circumstances I am sick of giant robo. All the giant robo animes I really like I like because they are extremely strong in different areas (Eva, Escaflowne.)
Shonen-ai / yaoi

Second would be fantasy series. Elves are only good for so long.
I agree with the Shonen Ai comment. Confusedweatdrop: Confusedweatdrop: Confusedweatdrop: Confusedweatdrop:
Shonen-ai??? What would fall into that category?
SPORTS ANIME has to be the worst come on now the Sammy Sosa story. also how many of you have you ever seen a Shonen AI anime anyways the only one I ever heard of was FAKE.
Haruka
I have to agree that sports anime is the worst and will alwasys be the worst.
I definately do not like the Giant Robo thing. But Escaflowne was really good. Prolly my favorite to date
Meh, I don't like Shounen-Ai, but girls might, so I can't peg it as the worst.

I haven't seen any sports anime yet, although I was thinking about picking up Battle Athletes Victory. Is it really that bad?
Sports anime isn't bad, but all the ones that have been licensed so far (omg, they suck) just plain rot.
If you want some good sports anime, go watch Battle Athletes, or Tennis no Ouji-sama (Prince of Tennis)
Shonen-Ai series ----> Kizuna, Zetsuai 1989, Bronze Year, After school in the teacher's lounge, Parillo, etc.
Steve you have seen some pretty bad anime... I am in agreement Shonen-Ai is the worst... But if it floats your boat all the more better for you...
The minute you guys mentioned Fake, I realized what Shonen-Ai was. Ewwwww!!! I don't want to watch that. I agree, that's definitely the worst.

As for Sports anime, I really like that genre. I loved Princess Nine. I'm watching Battle Athletes Victory right now, and it's pretty entertaining so far. I've seen some D/L episodes of Slam Dunk and I really liked that series as well. You guys have to give sports anime a chance before knocking it.
Gonna have to agree with Shonen Ai/Yaoi on this one. I haven't actually seen any sports anime but I own Princess Nine and I expect that it'll be fantastic. Don't knock an entire genre because of one title.. The US just hasn't seen a lot of the sports stuff. I hear great things about Slam Dunk.. Star of the Giants is supposed to be pretty great too. I'm sure Captain Tsubasa and Prince of Tennis are worth watching as well. Not to mention the wrestling anime that we'll prolly never see, like Tiger Mask and Animal I. I'd love to check those out. :mrgreen:
What about Kinnikuman, and Hajime no Ippo. Two of the greatest animes around.
Pages: 1 2