Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Your Crappiest game system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Whats your shittiest game system.
Atari Lynx. The only good game that I can remember was Ninja Gaiden. I bought the system to get that game and that was the only good game that ever game out...although I wonder what Rygar was like on Lynx. Rygar was too hard to find.
Too hard to decide. I enjoyed all my systems, even my Sega CD.
I guess Xbox Smile the one system I almost never use because of the lack of great games IMO.
Sega Game Gear. That's the portable one that was supposed to compete with the Gameboy Advance.

Actually I do have something worse than that, but I'm not sure if it counts as a game system. It's one of those old "Mr. Game and Watch" handheld games. And you thought it was only a character in Super Smash Bros. . . .
Well my worst system at the price I paid for it hands down has to be the 3DO...
$400 bucks and I hand only a hand ful of games to play...
I think mine has to be the nintendo 64 the only good game i have for it is paper mario.
I'm surprised to find someone listing the Lynx as the crappiest game system they own. It actually had a decent library of games and was worlds better than the Gameboy (long before Gameboy ever thought about colour), faster and crisper than the Game Gear (worst display ever made), and way more rugged than the TG16 handheld (I don't remember the exact name of it).
Granted, there were only about 5 or 6 really good games on the system but for the time there was nothing even close to it. I'm just sad that Atari messed up the whole licensing structure so no good games were made for it.

My worst system?
I'd have to say my VirtualBoy just because it could have been so much more. There are a few good games for it but the whole thing failed because of the stupid black/red colour scheme it was restricted to.

I don't own a 3DO but I have to agree that it is probably the worst console ever made that sold for way too much money.
Vicious - Gameboy Advance came out like 8 or 9 years after Game Gear failed.

Zagatto - You seem to have forgotten about such video game systems as: Atari Jaguar and it's Jaguar CD attachment and the Phillips CD-i. Neither system had a library of games anywhere as large as 3DO (I bet you that all three combined weren't as large as it). Lastly, the Game Gear had a much better display than GameBoy, (IMO LynX) and the game boy Advance and Color were non backlit versions of the Game Gear display (with slightly more colors). The Gameboy Advance SP (or whatever name it was) only now has finally backlit the screen like Game Gear did. I can't see how anyone would prefer a Gameboy display over a Game Gear backlit display.
Never had much money to call my own so I had to make my consoles count. It meant getting the machine after everyone else, but I haven't regretted one purchase yet.

Quote:Originally posted by "Zagatto"

I'm surprised to find someone listing the Lynx as the crappiest game system they own. It actually had a decent library of games and was worlds better than the Gameboy (long before Gameboy ever thought about colour), faster and crisper than the Game Gear (worst display ever made), and way more rugged than the TG16 handheld (I don't remember the exact name of it).
Granted, there were only about 5 or 6 really good games on the system but for the time there was nothing even close to it. I'm just sad that Atari messed up the whole licensing structure so no good games were made for it.

Surely 5 or 6 games doesn't make a "decent library"?

When the first Lynx was released my friend bought one and kept going on about how good California Games was. I don't think he got another game before selling it.
kakomu, I take it you never played GameGear, the display sucked!!! U remember original gameboy.. how the screen bleed with movement... well it was the same for gamegear... any movement on the screen and its all a blurr.... color blurr but still just a blurr.... very annoying.. hard on the eyes...

gameboy advanced (and now SP) is great... you get 32bit system with screen that has no bleeding no nothing.. with SP its backlit and lithium battary is complete package...
I must have purged both the Jaguar and CD-i from my mind... you are absolutely correct that they stunk much worse than anything else mentioned in this forum. I'd rather go back and play my old Odysee II than have to deal with those two.

I think JJ summed up the display issue with the Game Gear. The Lynx's display was far superior to anything else in the day. It stayed crystal clear no matter how much motion was going on at the time. I would have to put it on par with the GBA display as it was still worlds better than the GBC which came out years after the Lynx had failed.

Quote:Originally posted by "kakomu"

Zagatto - You seem to have forgotten about such video game systems as: Atari Jaguar and it's Jaguar CD attachment and the Phillips CD-i.
Lastly, the Game Gear had a much better display than GameBoy, (IMO LynX) and the game boy Advance and Color were non backlit versions of the Game Gear display (with slightly more colors). I can't see how anyone would prefer a Gameboy display over a Game Gear backlit display.

How much of this discussion is about the system sucking or the lack of good games for the system? I absolutely loved my Neo Geo Pocket and the four or five games that were good on that system. The little joystick is still my favourite controller for a handheld game. Likewise, the only real weakness to the Lynx was it's lack of games as well.
On the flip side there is the classic GB which had a blurry screen, ate batteries, and a weak processor. However, it had one of the biggest libraries at the time and was a bit cheaper than the competing handhelds. I never really liked the GameBoys until they upgraded the screens, made them a bit smaller, and increased battery life.
The main reason why I didn't like the Atari Lynx was because there were not enough good games for it and some of the games had to be played in the most akward way possible. Have any of you that have owned a Lynx ever tryed to play Gauntlet on it? You had to play the game with the Atari Lynx flipped horizontally on its side. WTF? :roll: I would have enjoyed that game so much if I could have played it normally, but that is the way that you had to play it...

BTW, California Games was pretty good also, but Ninja Gaiden was freakin awesome on Lynx.

I don't remember seeing any color blurring on the Game Gear...but, it has been eons since I have dug it out to play it. :lol:
Quote:Originally posted by "Zagatto"

and way more rugged than the TG16 handheld (I don't remember the exact name of it).

Turbo Express Wink
Oh yes the Jaguar... Man what a piece of crap... I take back my 3DO vote... How could I ever forget the JAguar... Oh that's right I was trying too...
Pages: 1 2