Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Queen!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So what do you all thik of Queen?
Personally i thought there music sucked,kinda like a rejected Village people.
i think queen is okay. but some songs i don't like
They have got some absolute classics, but then again, a lot of bands do.
queen are indeed a great band, but not the greatest ever or my favorite. you should try listening to the beatles, ever heard of them?
Queen had there own sound, which I loved. Songs like Killer Queen, SOmbody To Love, Under pressure, and other's are great. I voted for the first option.
And yes, he was gay, but so is Eminem and people can stand his music, so I guess it all evens out in the end.
Quote:you should try listening to the beatles, ever heard of them?

I've heard MOST of what the beatles have to offer, And while they are a good band, And true rock pioneers, They are VERY over rated. Most of their work sound similar of not the same, Whilst Queen always tried new things. Yes some of Queen's big hits did follow the same vain, But If you actually listen to a whole album, There are SOOOOOO many different musical styles and ideas put into each album. Just listen to the album 'Sheer Heart Attack' and you'll se what I mean. So in shortm, Yes I've heard of the beatles, But on my list of great or even good bands, They rate very, VERY low. :|
Yeah, I agree, the Beatles were very overrated, although still absolutely excellent. For that rough time period and that type of music, I think I'd rate Boston over Queen. And I'd put Rush above both of those.

I've grown so jaded with most music though (I am more of an otaku to music than to anime, by far) that I don't listen to anything that anyone else has heard of anymore.

Hey, you guys should try out these bands, grab some of their music off soulseek or kazaa, you most definitely won't be disappointed:

Flaming Lips
Karate
Shrimp Boat
Sea and Cake
Nomeansno
Yo la Tengo
Cul de Sac
Tortoise
Low
I like both queen and the beatles. However, I hate John Lenon!
I love both of the bands... the beatles rank just a little higher than queen for thier abby road CD. isn't that the name of it? The white album kicked ass too. I listen to a bunch of queen songs, but just never liked a whole CD. My favorite oldies band of all time had to be the Monkees. Even though they were fake I still love them. Big Grin
Some of Queens songs were OK. My favorite was actually "Princes of the Universe", but I think that's just because I'm a Highlander fan.
Queen is a mediocre band.
Yes Vicious me too. I loved The Higlander.

I like metal like Metallica more so. Queen is not too bad. I really don't like Bohemian Rhapsody because everybody always plays that one damn song. Stop it, PLEASE!!!!

I like Helloween, and Neil Young better. :mrgreen: