Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Dragonball Z DVD Episodes Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can someone tell me what Dragonball Z Dvd Parts contains episodes 1-66. I see that part 1 has episodes 1-27 on this site. The other Dragonball Z parts just only gives the total number of episodes. I'M wanting to get the 1-66 episodes. If I can buy them here point me to the right parts to buy. Look like part 2 is not out as of yet so i'm thinking I need parts 1-3. Last i'm new to the site and I can't figure out what the MAC mean.
The MAC is the cut version from Pioneer. It's episodes 66 but it is only like 56 in total.

The MI version is the uncut Japanese.

MAC is part of AS (Anime Studio) but I have no idea what the acronym means. Cry
Manga Animation Cartoon
The first DVD collection by MAC is parts 1 and 2 combined...from what I've heard. And parts 3, 4, and 9? are available also.
JerryD, There are multiple HK studios out there.... AS/MAC/AC-MAC is one... AV is another, FX is another and AC/MI is another

the first 66 episodes were only released DUB and CUT in north america.. they were cut for content and ended up as being 54 episodes.. so MAC ripped that set cause thats the only that was avail. at the time. And yes that set is considered part 1 and 2. Then there is Part 3 and now out part 4 and part 9. The gab is because the R1 dvds released by FUNamation were spread around different sagas and not following the episodes.

the MI version of DBZ part 1 is a rip of the new R2 box set, or rather part of the first box set... which is the first time DBZ is released on DBZ in japan. MI took the first box set and took a quarter of the episodes and put em on Their Part 1, from the review I've read the subtitles are left alittle bit more to be desired but overall a nice set.

MAC will proabably replace their Part 1-2 set with rips of MI set as soon as MI releases all the episodes needed for MAC replacement Smile
hehe just buy the r1's .. *grins* and yea that pisses me off how funimation is releasing dvd's.. hell with Dragonball they release
saga 2,3 8
wtf happened to 4,5,6,7 ....
If i'm getting this right Dragonball Z part 1 is only in Japanese audio with English or Chinese subtitles. With the other parts in Japanese and English audio with English or Chinese subtitles. Last how do I buy some of these Dragonball Z parts from Import-Anime. I don't see a checkout or any mailing address or any any stock of these Dvd'S.
Schultz: I have a theory for FUNimation's Dragonball DVD releases. I bet they skipped to 8 to catch up with where they are on TV (I guess that's where they are now because I don't watch it on TV). That's FUNimation logic :mrgreen: ! Just like when they decided for us that people wouldn't like the first part of GT. They might release 4-7 at a later date (maybe when Trimark Kidmark realizes that almost no one is buying their season 1 sets and gives up on their license).
I'm still trying to figure out why Funimation is skipping around the episodes. For someone like me who is trying to collect dragonball Z dvds. Like what the hell happen to the Cell Games episodes. How can they start on DB-Gt when there still or episodes missing from DBZ.
Because that's what they do Smile They probably think they will make mas dinero by releasing GT now. Maybe they have ADD and got tired of Z...

I might get the DBZ Vol. 1 (MI) if FUNimation doesn't announce the first part to come out anytime soon.
Get the MI set. It is already one of my favorite purchases.
kakoi, I'm not surprised in the least! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by "dallaslad"

Schultz: I have a theory for FUNimation's Dragonball DVD releases. I bet they skipped to 8 to catch up with where they are on TV (I guess that's where they are now because I don't watch it on TV). That's FUNimation logic :mrgreen: ! Just like when they decided for us that people wouldn't like the first part of GT. They might release 4-7 at a later date (maybe when Trimark Kidmark realizes that almost no one is buying their season 1 sets and gives up on their license).

Yea that is probably.. how they skipped over making the cell and went straight to majin buu because no one had seen those yet.. and i don't know if i will buy GT or not.. i heard they cut alot of shit outta it.